* Zynq MPSoC - secure boot
@ 2021-06-21 17:27 Jorge Ramirez-Ortiz, Foundries
From: Jorge Ramirez-Ortiz, Foundries @ 2021-06-21 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: michal.simek; +Cc: u-boot

hi Michal,

Is secure boot supported using SPL? or is there a plan for it (maybe a
branch somewhere that I can work from and contribute to?).

ATM looking into how to write the key sha to the fuses without Vivado.

thanks for any information that you might have,
jorge

* Re: Zynq MPSoC - secure boot
@ 2021-06-22  7:02 ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2021-06-22  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge Ramirez-Ortiz, Foundries, michal.simek; +Cc: u-boot

Hi,

On 6/21/21 7:27 PM, Jorge Ramirez-Ortiz, Foundries wrote:
> hi Michal,
>
> Is secure boot supported using SPL? or is there a plan for it (maybe a
> branch somewhere that I can work from and contribute to?).

I have it on my list but haven't had a time to dig into it yet.

> ATM looking into how to write the key sha to the fuses without Vivado.

The first level of secure boot will be using integrated bootrom
mechanism and only vivado bootgen can generate images for it. It means
maybe you will be able to avoid Vivado for efuses programming but not
for image generation as of now.

As I said I have never had a time to look at it that's why I don't know
enough to guide you how to do it.

Thanks,
Michal

* Re: Zynq MPSoC - secure boot
@ 2021-06-22 10:58   ` Jorge Ramirez-Ortiz, Foundries
From: Jorge Ramirez-Ortiz, Foundries @ 2021-06-22 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Simek; +Cc: Jorge Ramirez-Ortiz, Foundries, u-boot

On 22/06/21, Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 6/21/21 7:27 PM, Jorge Ramirez-Ortiz, Foundries wrote:
> > hi Michal,
> >
> > Is secure boot supported using SPL? or is there a plan for it (maybe a
> > branch somewhere that I can work from and contribute to?).
>
> I have it on my list but haven't had a time to dig into it yet.
>

> > ATM looking into how to write the key sha to the fuses without Vivado.
>
> The first level of secure boot will be using integrated bootrom
> mechanism and only vivado bootgen can generate images for it. It means
> maybe you will be able to avoid Vivado for efuses programming but not
> for image generation as of now.

um, that is a pity - I was hoping it would be as simple as working
with iMX since the basic principles are the same...but ok, the
integration of the tools are on this ocasion somewhat behind.

> As I said I have never had a time to look at it that's why I don't know
> enough to guide you how to do it.

sure np, will browse FSBL and some docs. thanks for your quick response.