* Re: Some bugs in batmand(Github)
       [not found] <B47F117D-81FF-48BA-8AB2-CDBB8A9BB450@gmail.com>
@ 2021-09-06 13:05 ` Sven Eckelmann
From: Sven Eckelmann @ 2021-09-06 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Cai; +Cc: b.a.t.m.a.n

On Monday, 6 September 2021 14:59:12 CEST Ryan Cai wrote:
>           I am Ryan Cai, coming from HK. Recently, I am looking at batmand, which is really cool. However, I found some potential improper locking bugs due to the unreleased locks like here, https://github.com/open-mesh-mirror/batmand/blob/df6fcb8706d325b3fd4c7000493e64d57c852755/posix/unix_socket.c#L261-L284, the lock could not correctly be released when the middle break statement is executed. The bug pattern also exists in [1]. Could you confirme these? I would love to create PR for these.
[...]
> [1]
> https://github.com/open-mesh-mirror/batmand/blob/df6fcb8706d325b3fd4c7000493e64d57c852755/posix/unix_socket.c#L500
> https://github.com/open-mesh-mirror/batmand/blob/df6fcb8706d325b3fd4c7000493e64d57c852755/posix/unix_socket.c#L565

Please contact the maintainer Elektra and the mailing list about it [1].

Btw. I don't see how the break inside the loop should affect the unlocking.
The pthread_mutex_unlock comes after the loop and not as part of the loop.

And we are also not doing any work via Github. Please use the normal
contribution [2] procedure and don't open PRs on random github
repositories.

Kind regards,
	Sven

[2] https://www.open-mesh.org/projects/open-mesh/wiki/Contribute