* Batman-adv On Raspberry Pi Zero
@ 2021-04-08 13:43 giuseppedv
From: giuseppedv @ 2021-04-08 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: b.a.t.m.a.n

Hi all,
I have to create a Mesh Ad-Hoc Wireless Network using a certain number of Raspberry Pi Zero.
I have decided to use Pi Zero Wireless card in ad-hoc  mode and use the batman-adv module
to create the mesh over the ad-hoc wireless network. Here my systems:
- Raspberries Pi Zero W V1.1.
- Raspbian Buster: 2021-03-04-raspios-buster-armhf-lite.img
- Kernel: 5.10.17+
- Batman-adv: built-in kernel module.
No problems to create the ad-hoc wireless network between the Zeroes, even if the mtu needed for Batman-adv
complains:
[quote]# ip link set dev wlan0 mtu 1532
Error: mtu greater than device maximum[/quote]

Problems arise when I try to add the wlan0 interface to batman handler (the batman-adv module is loaded
correctly with modprobe or at boot time)

batctl if add wlan0     <--- OK No Problems

but if I want to request the wlan0 status I receive

[quote]batctl if
wlan0: <error reading status> [/quote]

Anyone experienced the same issues?

* Re: Batman-adv On Raspberry Pi Zero