* Testing UserModeLinux with kbuild bot
@ 2018-10-31  8:45 Richard Weinberger
From: Richard Weinberger @ 2018-10-31  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild test robot; +Cc: linux-um, kbuild-all

Fengguang,

I wonder what kind of tests currently are enabled for UML?
If I remember correctly we disabled some a few years ago.

Thanks,
//richard

* Re: Testing UserModeLinux with kbuild bot
@ 2018-10-31 10:07 ` Fengguang Wu
From: Fengguang Wu @ 2018-10-31 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Weinberger; +Cc: Philip Li, linux-um, kbuild-all, LKP

Hi Richard,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 09:45:57AM +0100, Richard Weinberger wrote:
>Fengguang,
>
>I wonder what kind of tests currently are enabled for UML?
>If I remember correctly we disabled some a few years ago.

Currently we are testing tree

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rw/uml.git

There are no special settings for UML tree, so the standard build
tests, static checks, boot tests and runtime tests will be performed.
Note that there are no UML specific runtime test case.

Thanks,
Fengguang

* Re: Testing UserModeLinux with kbuild bot
@ 2018-10-31 10:15   ` Richard Weinberger
From: Richard Weinberger @ 2018-10-31 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fengguang Wu; +Cc: Philip Li, linux-um, kbuild-all, LKP

Fengguang,

Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2018, 11:07:43 CET schrieb Fengguang Wu:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 09:45:57AM +0100, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> >Fengguang,
> >
> >I wonder what kind of tests currently are enabled for UML?
> >If I remember correctly we disabled some a few years ago.
>
> Currently we are testing tree
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rw/uml.git

good! Which branches linux-next and master?

Is it also possible to test patches which land on our mailinglist?

> There are no special settings for UML tree, so the standard build
> tests, static checks, boot tests and runtime tests will be performed.
> Note that there are no UML specific runtime test case.

Are you interested in rumtime tests?
Actually running a UML is pretty easy.
I can provide some command lines.

@ 2018-10-31 10:34     ` Fengguang Wu
From: Fengguang Wu @ 2018-10-31 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Weinberger; +Cc: Philip Li, linux-um, kbuild-all, LKP

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 11:15:54AM +0100, Richard Weinberger wrote:
>Fengguang,
>
>Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2018, 11:07:43 CET schrieb Fengguang Wu:
>> Hi Richard,
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 09:45:57AM +0100, Richard Weinberger wrote:
>> >Fengguang,
>> >
>> >I wonder what kind of tests currently are enabled for UML?
>> >If I remember correctly we disabled some a few years ago.
>>
>> Currently we are testing tree
>>
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rw/uml.git
>
>good! Which branches linux-next and master?

All branches will be tested by default.

>Is it also possible to test patches which land on our mailinglist?

Sure. Subscribe to this?

        linux-um@lists.infradead.org

>> There are no special settings for UML tree, so the standard build
>> tests, static checks, boot tests and runtime tests will be performed.
>> Note that there are no UML specific runtime test case.
>
>Are you interested in rumtime tests?
>Actually running a UML is pretty easy.
>I can provide some command lines.

Philip may help plan the feature. :)

Thanks,
Fengguang

* Re: Testing UserModeLinux with kbuild bot
@ 2018-10-31 10:43       ` Richard Weinberger
From: Richard Weinberger @ 2018-10-31 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fengguang Wu; +Cc: Philip Li, linux-um, kbuild-all, LKP

Fengguang,

Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2018, 11:34:38 CET schrieb Fengguang Wu:
> >Is it also possible to test patches which land on our mailinglist?
>
> Sure. Subscribe to this?
>
>         linux-um@lists.infradead.org

Yes.

> >> There are no special settings for UML tree, so the standard build
> >> tests, static checks, boot tests and runtime tests will be performed.
> >> Note that there are no UML specific runtime test case.
> >
> >Are you interested in rumtime tests?
> >Actually running a UML is pretty easy.
> >I can provide some command lines.
>
> Philip may help plan the feature. :)

Cool.

@ 2018-10-31 14:36         ` Li, Philip
From: Li, Philip @ 2018-10-31 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Weinberger, Wu, Fengguang; +Cc: linux-um, kbuild-all, lkp

> Subject: Re: Testing UserModeLinux with kbuild bot
>
> Fengguang,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2018, 11:34:38 CET schrieb Fengguang Wu:
> > >Is it also possible to test patches which land on our mailinglist?
> >
> > Sure. Subscribe to this?
> >
> >         linux-um@lists.infradead.org
>
> Yes.

> > >Are you interested in rumtime tests?
> > >Actually running a UML is pretty easy.
> > >I can provide some command lines.
> >
> > Philip may help plan the feature. :)
>
> Cool.
Thanks Richard, can you share some detail for runtime tests? I will
have it in team's TODO list this quarter.