* RE: libnfnetlink error:   ./nfqnl_test usage ? FAILS ON 2.6.32-279.el6.i686
@ 2013-08-22 15:10 John Donnelly
From: John Donnelly @ 2013-08-22 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

NOTE: this appears to work on 3.10 kernels, but not 2.6.32 . I wonder why ?

I have debugged the test down to the library libnfnetlink and the recvfrom() message is returning
a EINVALID

[root@RH63-x86 utils]# ./nfqnl_test
opening library handle
unbinding existing nf_queue handler for AF_INET (if any)
errno sent 22
error from nfnl_step
error -1 during nfq_unbind_pf()

file:

libnfnetlink/src/libnfnetlink.c

static int nfnl_is_error(struct nfnl_handle *h, struct nlmsghdr *nlh)
{
        /* This message is an ACK or a DONE */
        if (nlh->nlmsg_type == NLMSG_ERROR ||
            (nlh->nlmsg_type == NLMSG_DONE &&
             nlh->nlmsg_flags & NLM_F_MULTI)) {
                if (nlh->nlmsg_len < NLMSG_ALIGN(sizeof(struct nlmsgerr))) {
                        errno = EBADMSG;
                fprintf(stderr,"EBADMSG \n");
                        return 1;
                }
                errno = -(*((int *)NLMSG_DATA(nlh)));
                fprintf(stderr,"errno sent %d\n",errno);
                return 1;
        }
        return 0;
}

From: John Donnelly @ 2013-08-28 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

I tracked the  EINVALID error down to nf_unregister_queue_handler() in net/netfilter/nf_queue.c

[...]

DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER