* [bitbake] Failure to compile UltraJson, LMDB and Netifaces python modules recipes for Krogoth.
@ 2016-12-19 21:46 Mateusz Orzoł
From: Mateusz Orzoł @ 2016-12-19 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi everyone,

I am migrating my old Yocto image from kernel 3.8 to 4.1 on the Intel
Quark based platform. After dealing with some SPI driver issues now I've
encountered some strange bitbake behaviour. My web application requires
UltraJson , LMDB and Netifaces modules. After running bitbake  I am
getting a lot of undefined reference errors. In all three cases pretty
similar. Exemplary log for python-ujson is here:
http://pastebin.com/8ms9PgnY . It seems like the python environment
wasn't linked properly but many other python recipes have no problem
with compiling.

The python-ujson recipe comes from here
https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/49510/. In  previous
distribution with kernel 3.8 it was working without any problem.

Have you got any idea what could be wrong or what should I check first?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Mateusz

--
3City Electronics Sp. z o.o. Abrahama 1A/5.02-5.05 80-307 Gdańsk tel.:
+48 58 765 01 48

[-- Attachment #2.2: stopka.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 37643 bytes --]

* Re: [bitbake] Failure to compile UltraJson, LMDB and Netifaces python modules recipes for Krogoth.
@ 2016-12-19 23:43 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-12-19 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mateusz Orzoł; +Cc: yocto

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Mateusz Orzoł <
mateusz.orzol@3cityelectronics.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am migrating my old Yocto image from kernel 3.8 to 4.1 on the Intel
> Quark based platform. After dealing with some SPI driver issues now I've
> encountered some strange bitbake behaviour. My web application requires
> UltraJson , LMDB and Netifaces modules. After running bitbake  I am getting
> a lot of undefined reference errors. In all three cases pretty similar.
> Exemplary log for python-ujson is here: http://pastebin.com/8ms9PgnY . It
> seems like the python environment wasn't linked properly but many other
> python recipes have no problem with compiling.
>
> The python-ujson recipe comes from here https://layers.openembedded.
> org/layerindex/recipe/49510/. In  previous distribution with kernel 3.8
> it was working without any problem.
>
> Have you got any idea what could be wrong or what should I check first?

​The error seems to have nothing to do with kernel version. Are you
upgrading the whole of yocto framework from one release to another ? and if
yes from which version to which new version.​

> Thank you for your help in advance,
>
> Mateusz
>

> --
> [image: 3City Electronics Sp. z o.o. Abrahama 1A/5.02-5.05 80-307 Gdańsk
> tel.: +48 58 765 01 48]

[-- Attachment #2: stopka.jpg --]

@ 2016-12-20  9:46   ` Mateusz Orzoł
From: Mateusz Orzoł @ 2016-12-20  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

W dniu 2016-12-20 o 00:43, Khem Raj pisze:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Mateusz Orzoł
> <mateusz.orzol@3cityelectronics.com
> <mailto:mateusz.orzol@3cityelectronics.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everyone,
>
>     I am migrating my old Yocto image from kernel 3.8 to 4.1 on the
>     Intel Quark based platform. After dealing with some SPI driver
>     issues now I've encountered some strange bitbake behaviour. My web
>     application requires UltraJson , LMDB and Netifaces modules. After
>     running bitbake  I am getting a lot of undefined reference errors.
>     In all three cases pretty similar. Exemplary log for python-ujson
>     is here: http://pastebin.com/8ms9PgnY . It seems like the python
>     environment wasn't linked properly but many other python recipes
>     have no problem with compiling.
>
>     The python-ujson recipe comes from here
>     https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/49510/
>     <https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/49510/>. In
>     previous distribution with kernel 3.8 it was working without any
>     problem.
>
>     Have you got any idea what could be wrong or what should I check
>     first?
>

> ​The error seems to have nothing to do with kernel version. Are you
> upgrading the whole of yocto framework from one release to another ?
> and if yes from which version to which new version.​

I am upgrading from 1.4.2 Dylan version to Krogoth. Firstly I've
prepared clean Krogoth image which worked fine. Now I am adding
necessary recipes and packages one by one and currently the only problem
I've encountered is the mentioned one.

@ 2016-12-21  6:54     ` Mateusz Orzoł
From: Mateusz Orzoł @ 2016-12-21  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

W dniu 2016-12-20 o 10:46, Mateusz Orzoł pisze:

> W dniu 2016-12-20 o 00:43, Khem Raj pisze:
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Mateusz Orzoł
>> <mateusz.orzol@3cityelectronics.com
>> <mailto:mateusz.orzol@3cityelectronics.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi everyone,
>>
>>     I am migrating my old Yocto image from kernel 3.8 to 4.1 on the
>>     Intel Quark based platform. After dealing with some SPI driver
>>     issues now I've encountered some strange bitbake behaviour. My
>>     web application requires UltraJson , LMDB and Netifaces modules.
>>     After running bitbake  I am getting a lot of undefined reference
>>     errors. In all three cases pretty similar. Exemplary log for
>>     python-ujson is here: http://pastebin.com/8ms9PgnY . It seems
>>     like the python environment wasn't linked properly but many other
>>     python recipes have no problem with compiling.
>>
>>     The python-ujson recipe comes from here
>>     https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/49510/
>>     <https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/49510/>. In
>>     previous distribution with kernel 3.8 it was working without any
>>     problem.
>>
>>     Have you got any idea what could be wrong or what should I check
>>     first?
>>

>> ​The error seems to have nothing to do with kernel version. Are you
>> upgrading the whole of yocto framework from one release to another ?
>> and if yes from which version to which new version.​
>>

> I am upgrading from 1.4.2 Dylan version to Krogoth. Firstly I've
> prepared clean Krogoth image which worked fine. Now I am adding
> necessary recipes and packages one by one and currently the only
> problem I've encountered is the mentioned one.
Hi,
W have found found quick fix for this.  The errors disappeared when all
the build flags were cleared in mentioned python modules recipes. It
means TARGET_CFLAGS = "" LDFLAGS = "" CFLAGS = "" in module .bb file. It
was checked on the device that modules are visible in python and they
work. I don't know why this helped and also what was causing the issue.
Do you have any clues what was wrong and how to fix it in proper way?

@ 2016-12-21 17:21       ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-12-21 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mateusz Orzoł; +Cc: yocto

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Mateusz Orzoł
<mateusz.orzol@3cityelectronics.com> wrote:

> W dniu 2016-12-20 o 10:46, Mateusz Orzoł pisze:
>

> W dniu 2016-12-20 o 00:43, Khem Raj pisze:
>

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Mateusz Orzoł
> <mateusz.orzol@3cityelectronics.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I am migrating my old Yocto image from kernel 3.8 to 4.1 on the Intel
>> Quark based platform. After dealing with some SPI driver issues now I've
>> encountered some strange bitbake behaviour. My web application requires
>> UltraJson , LMDB and Netifaces modules. After running bitbake  I am getting
>> a lot of undefined reference errors. In all three cases pretty similar.
>> Exemplary log for python-ujson is here: http://pastebin.com/8ms9PgnY . It
>> seems like the python environment wasn't linked properly but many other
>> python recipes have no problem with compiling.
>>
>> The python-ujson recipe comes from here
>> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/49510/. In  previous
>> distribution with kernel 3.8 it was working without any problem.
>>
>> Have you got any idea what could be wrong or what should I check first?
>

> The error seems to have nothing to do with kernel version. Are you upgrading
> the whole of yocto framework from one release to another ? and if yes from
> which version to which new version.
>

> I am upgrading from 1.4.2 Dylan version to Krogoth. Firstly I've prepared
> clean Krogoth image which worked fine. Now I am adding necessary recipes and
> packages one by one and currently the only problem I've encountered is the
> mentioned one.
>
> Hi,
> W have found found quick fix for this.  The errors disappeared when all the
> build flags were cleared in mentioned python modules recipes. It means
> TARGET_CFLAGS = "" LDFLAGS = "" CFLAGS = "" in module .bb file. It was
> checked on the device that modules are visible in python and they work. I
> don't know why this helped and also what was causing the issue. Do you have
> any clues what was wrong and how to fix it in proper way?

Can you post the exact change ? perhaps there is issue in Makefile
environment that
bitbake is handing off to the makefiles of this component. There
change in this area
in OE recently.

@ 2016-12-22  8:16         ` Mateusz Orzoł
From: Mateusz Orzoł @ 2016-12-22  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

W dniu 2016-12-21 o 18:21, Khem Raj pisze:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:54 PM, Mateusz Orzoł
> <mateusz.orzol@3cityelectronics.com> wrote:
>>
>> W dniu 2016-12-20 o 10:46, Mateusz Orzoł pisze:
>>

>> W dniu 2016-12-20 o 00:43, Khem Raj pisze:
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Mateusz Orzoł
>> <mateusz.orzol@3cityelectronics.com> wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I am migrating my old Yocto image from kernel 3.8 to 4.1 on the Intel
>>> Quark based platform. After dealing with some SPI driver issues now I've
>>> encountered some strange bitbake behaviour. My web application requires
>>> UltraJson , LMDB and Netifaces modules. After running bitbake  I am getting
>>> a lot of undefined reference errors. In all three cases pretty similar.
>>> Exemplary log for python-ujson is here: http://pastebin.com/8ms9PgnY . It
>>> seems like the python environment wasn't linked properly but many other
>>> python recipes have no problem with compiling.
>>>
>>> The python-ujson recipe comes from here
>>> https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/recipe/49510/. In  previous
>>> distribution with kernel 3.8 it was working without any problem.
>>>
>>> Have you got any idea what could be wrong or what should I check first?
>>
>> The error seems to have nothing to do with kernel version. Are you upgrading
>> the whole of yocto framework from one release to another ? and if yes from
>> which version to which new version.
>>

>> I am upgrading from 1.4.2 Dylan version to Krogoth. Firstly I've prepared
>> clean Krogoth image which worked fine. Now I am adding necessary recipes and
>> packages one by one and currently the only problem I've encountered is the
>> mentioned one.
>>
>> Hi,
>> W have found found quick fix for this.  The errors disappeared when all the
>> build flags were cleared in mentioned python modules recipes. It means
>> TARGET_CFLAGS = "" LDFLAGS = "" CFLAGS = "" in module .bb file. It was
>> checked on the device that modules are visible in python and they work. I
>> don't know why this helped and also what was causing the issue. Do you have
>> any clues what was wrong and how to fix it in proper way?
> Can you post the exact change ? perhaps there is issue in Makefile
> environment that
> bitbake is handing off to the makefiles of this component. There
> change in this area
> in OE recently.
Hi,
the exact change in the python-ujson_1.35.bb  file:
http://pastebin.com/L2JQvQD0.  The change in other python modules
bitbake files is identical.

--

@ 2016-12-22  8:20           ` Mateusz Orzoł