* How does one add do_fetch, do_unpack to an image recipe?
@ 2021-08-07  0:25 John Klug
From: John Klug @ 2021-08-07  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I am using dunfell.

In the documentation I see:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#unsetting-variables

In case some filter removes the yocto URL, I am referring to:

    docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#unsetting-variables

Which has this example:

    unset do_fetch[noexec]

If I put this in my image recipe, the do_fetch noexec item still exists.

In order to fix this problem I had to patch openembedded-core/meta/classes/image.bbclass, and remove the line setting do_fetch[noexec]="1" and the ones following.

I need to do a fetch for my IMAGE_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND.

Thanks.

* Re: [yocto] How does one add do_fetch, do_unpack to an image recipe?
@ 2021-08-09  5:41 ` Josef Holzmayr
From: Josef Holzmayr @ 2021-08-09  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Howdy!

Am 07.08.2021 um 02:25 schrieb John Klug:
> I am using dunfell.
>
> In the documentation I see:
>
> https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#unsetting-variables
>
> In case some filter removes the yocto URL, I am referring to:
>
>      docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#unsetting-variables
>
> Which has this example:
>
>      unset do_fetch[noexec]
>
> If I put this in my image recipe, the do_fetch noexec item still exists.
>
> In order to fix this problem I had to patch openembedded-core/meta/classes/image.bbclass, and remove the line setting do_fetch[noexec]="1" and the ones following.
>
> I need to do a fetch for my IMAGE_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND.

 From first glance, I'd guess that the approach is just not correct. If
that thing to be fetched also needs to go *into* the image: make it a
recipe on its own. If you only need it during build time, then it should
probably be a -native dependency, and therefore again a recipe on its
own. Then the image recipe can depend on it and use its contents during
the build/postprocess stage.

Greetz

@ 2021-08-09 23:57   ` John Klug
From: John Klug @ 2021-08-09 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josef Holzmayr, yocto

Thanks for your great help.  A native recipe is what I needed with data in it only.  So my native recipe copies files into ${D}${datadir}/${PN}.

Then my image build uses DEPENDS= to bring in the native recipe.

Then my IMAGE_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND can reference ${STAGING_DATADIR_NATIVE}/[native recipe name] to find the data it needs.

Then I don't need to patch the bbclass file.

Am 07.08.2021 um 02:25 schrieb John Klug:
> I am using dunfell.
>
> In the documentation I see:
>
>  http://mail2.multitech.com:32224/?dmVyPTEuMDAxJiYyOTU2NDk0NDY2NmQ1NDQyND02MTEwQzAxOF8yMDIxXzcwNzFfMSYmYjc2MzZjMTgxNGE4NTkzPTIzMzMmJnVybD1odHRwcyUzQSUyRiUyRnd3dyUyRXlvY3RvcHJvamVjdCUyRW9yZyUyRmRvY3MlMkZjdXJyZW50JTJGYml0YmFrZS11c2VyLW1hbnVhbCUyRmJpdGJha2UtdXNlci1tYW51YWwlMkVodG1sJTIzdW5zZXR0aW5nLXZhcmlhYmxlcw==
>
> In case some filter removes the yocto URL, I am referring to:
>
>      docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#unsetting-variables
>
> Which has this example:
>
>      unset do_fetch[noexec]
>
> If I put this in my image recipe, the do_fetch noexec item still exists.
>
> In order to fix this problem I had to patch openembedded-core/meta/classes/image.bbclass, and remove the line setting do_fetch[noexec]="1" and the ones following.
>
> I need to do a fetch for my IMAGE_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND.

 From first glance, I'd guess that the approach is just not correct. If