* DPDK Acceleartion Enhancement - compression
       [not found] <1815632810.2503307.1482854884965.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-12-27 16:08 ` Ant loves honey
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Ant loves honey @ 2016-12-27 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dev

Is this the correct forum to ask question about adding code for DPDK Acceleration Enhancement?  Or this is strictly for code review? If so, please direct me to the correct forum.
I have already read these 2 documents:

   - http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/ cryptodevs/qat.html
   - http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/ sample_app_ug/intel_ quickassist.html

I am new to DPDK and would like to do some work but is hitting a road block.  I am interested in making DPDK able to to use the Intel QuickAssist Technology for data compression. I think this will help IP payload compression and save bandwidth.
Any help to get me going is greatly appreciated.
Anthony.

* Re: DPDK Acceleartion Enhancement - compression
@ 2017-01-02 14:45   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-01-02 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ant loves honey; +Cc: dev

Hi,

2016-12-27 16:08, Ant loves honey:
> Is this the correct forum to ask question about adding code for DPDK Acceleration Enhancement?  Or this is strictly for code review? If so, please direct me to the correct forum.
> I have already read these 2 documents:
>
>    - http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/ cryptodevs/qat.html
>    - http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/ sample_app_ug/intel_ quickassist.html
>
> I am new to DPDK and would like to do some work but is hitting a road block.  I am interested in making DPDK able to to use the Intel QuickAssist Technology for data compression. I think this will help IP payload compression and save bandwidth.
> Any help to get me going is greatly appreciated.
> Anthony.

If you are going to contribute some code to DPDK, dev@dpdk.org is the right address.
You should ask precise questions with related title, e.g. "quickassist for compression".

* Re: DPDK Acceleartion Enhancement - compression
@ 2017-01-02 15:19   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-01-02 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ant loves honey; +Cc: dev

2016-12-27 16:08, Ant loves honey:
> I am interested in making DPDK able to to use the Intel QuickAssist
> Technology for data compression. I think this will help IP payload
> compression and save bandwidth.

We could add a new driver type for compression:
	drivers/compress/qat/

* Re: DPDK Acceleartion Enhancement - compression
@ 2017-01-02 22:10   ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2017-01-02 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ant loves honey; +Cc: Dev

On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 16:08:04 +0000 (UTC)
Ant loves honey <ant_love_honey@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is this the correct forum to ask question about adding code for DPDK Acceleration Enhancement?  Or this is strictly for code review? If so, please direct me to the correct forum.
> I have already read these 2 documents:
>
>    - http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/ cryptodevs/qat.html
>    - http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/ sample_app_ug/intel_ quickassist.html
>
> I am new to DPDK and would like to do some work but is hitting a road block.  I am interested in making DPDK able to to use the Intel QuickAssist Technology for data compression. I think this will help IP payload compression and save bandwidth.
> Any help to get me going is greatly appreciated.
> Anthony.

You will need to use a real email address and name when submitting patches in order to comply
with the Developer's Certificate of Origin.