* [RFC]Question about codes comments
@ 2011-07-15  3:47 Harry Wei
From: Harry Wei @ 2011-07-15  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: greg, joe, rdunlap, kongjianjun

Hi all,
When i read the kernel codes, i always find the code comments with
/* XXX ..... */. The 'XXX' turns to be colourful. It is with croci.
I don't know the meaning of 'XXX'? Can anyone tell me?

Thanks in advance
Harry Wei

* Re: [RFC]Question about codes comments
@ 2011-07-15  4:54 ` Arne Jansen
From: Arne Jansen @ 2011-07-15  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, greg, joe, rdunlap, kongjianjun

On 15.07.2011 05:47, Harry Wei wrote:
> Hi all,
> When i read the kernel codes, i always find the code comments with
> /* XXX ..... */. The 'XXX' turns to be colourful. It is with croci.
> I don't know the meaning of 'XXX'? Can anyone tell me?

It is just a marker that there's still some work to do, like
FIXME, TODO, and HERE. Normally you set this marker
to be able to find all those places easily by a simple search.
The marker should at least be accompanied by an explanatory
text.

@ 2011-07-15  9:10   ` Harry Wei
From: Harry Wei @ 2011-07-15  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arne Jansen; +Cc: linux-kernel, harryxiyou, kongjianjun, greg, joe, rdunlap

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 06:54:32AM +0200, Arne Jansen wrote:
> On 15.07.2011 05:47, Harry Wei wrote:
> It is just a marker that there's still some work to do, like
> FIXME, TODO, and HERE. Normally you set this marker
> to be able to find all those places easily by a simple search.
> The marker should at least be accompanied by an explanatory
> text.
Hmmm.., i see. In this way, we can help to finish the jobs which
have not been accomplished.

Thanks
Harry Wei