* wrong order of received packets/bytes and sent packets/bytes with local incoming connections
@ 2012-04-21 18:33 alois.klingler
From: alois.klingler @ 2012-04-21 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter-devel

hi,

in /proc/net/nf_conntrack (and also in conntrack -L) i can see received
packets/bytes and sent packets/bytes.
with connections, which are local incoming connections (i.e. a
ssh-connection from anywhere to my machine) these fields are mixed,
means that the received packets/bytes are the sent packets/bytes and vice versa.

with local outbound connections or forwarding connections these fields
are correct filled.

is there anywhere a configuation option to fix this?

I am using kernel 3.3.2 (I can see this issue already very long, not
since this kernel) and conntrack 0.9.14 (debian squeeze).

Thanks!

Best regards
Alois

* Re: wrong order of received packets/bytes and sent packets/bytes with local incoming connections
@ 2012-04-22 15:55 ` Jan Engelhardt
From: Jan Engelhardt @ 2012-04-22 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alois.klingler; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On Saturday 2012-04-21 20:33, alois.klingler@chello.at wrote:

> in /proc/net/nf_conntrack (and also in conntrack -L) i can see received
> packets/bytes and sent packets/bytes.
> with connections, which are local incoming connections (i.e. a
> ssh-connection from anywhere to my machine) these fields are mixed,
> means that the received packets/bytes are the sent packets/bytes and vice
> versa.
>
> with local outbound connections or forwarding connections these fields
> are correct filled.
>
> is there anywhere a configuation option to fix this?

I do not see any error here. The first bytes/packet= field shows
bytes flowing in the "original direction", and the other
is the reply direction.

* Re: wrong order of received packets/bytes and sent packets/bytes with local incoming connections
@ 2012-04-22 17:25   ` alois.klingler
From: alois.klingler @ 2012-04-22 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Engelhardt; +Cc: netfilter-devel

On 04/22/2012 05:55 PM, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Saturday 2012-04-21 20:33, alois.klingler@chello.at wrote:
>

>> in /proc/net/nf_conntrack (and also in conntrack -L) i can see received
>> packets/bytes and sent packets/bytes.
>> with connections, which are local incoming connections (i.e. a
>> ssh-connection from anywhere to my machine) these fields are mixed,
>> means that the received packets/bytes are the sent packets/bytes and vice
>> versa.
>>
>> with local outbound connections or forwarding connections these fields
>> are correct filled.
>>
>> is there anywhere a configuation option to fix this?
>>
> I do not see any error here. The first bytes/packet= field shows
> bytes flowing in the "original direction", and the other
> is the reply direction.

got it, it was my mistake ... thanks. ;)

Alois

* wrong order of received packets/bytes and sent packets/bytes with local incoming connections
@ 2012-04-18 19:13 MadLoisae
From: MadLoisae @ 2012-04-18 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

hi,

in /proc/net/nf_conntrack (and also in conntrack -L) i can see received
packets/bytes and sent packets/bytes.
with connections, which are local incoming connections (i.e. a
ssh-connection from anywhere to my machine) these fields are mixed,
means that the received / sent is "wrong".

with local outbound connections or forwarding connections these fields
are correct filled.

is there anywhere a configuation option to fix this?

I am using kernel 3.3.2 (I can see this issue already very long, not
since this kernel) and conntrack 0.9.14 (sebian squeeze).

Best regards
Alois