* machine_kexec() stuck at load_segments() in arch/x86/kernel/machine_kexec_64.c
@ 2019-03-07  9:31 Subin P T
From: Subin P T @ 2019-03-07  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kexec

Hello,

I am trying to get kdump to work on my platform with Intel Denverton,
Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C3758. SInce I couldn't see the new kernel being
loaded, I have tried adding printk s and figured out this is being stuck
in load_segments(). This is windriver Linux 7 distribution and kernel
version is 3.14 with critical fixes from upstream. I couldn't find any
major changes in kexec related files compared to what is there in
current WRL7. On another device with Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2718, this
is working fine without any problem. Below is the output of kexec load
command. With kexec -e, all I see is [ 6332.507960] Starting new kernel.

Can you please help me identify the problem with some pointers on how to
proceed with the debug or what places do I need to start looking?

The output of kexec -l: https://pastebin.com/4zgArfKw

I have this in dmesg
[    0.000000] Reserving 256MB of memory at 640MB for crashkernel
(System RAM: 16350MB)

Thanks and Regards,
Subin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-03-07  9:31 UTC | newest]