* Compiling the latest linux-nvme kernel
@ 2014-07-16 23:28 Jay Freyensee
From: Jay Freyensee @ 2014-07-16 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone tried compiling the latest linux-nvme kernel (last change
6/28/14 looks like)?  It appears the module tree is broken.

What I usually do to try out the latest code on this tree is take a
distro .config default (in my case, Ubuntu 14.04) and use that as a
starting .config default, then allow a kernel build use whatever default
selections are not described in that .config before starting the compile.

These two modules are 'm' by default in my .config process and break:

obj-$(CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_ECN) += ipt_ECN.o
obj-$(CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MARK) += xt_mark.o

For ipt_ECN, it appears someone did work on a computer that is not
upper-case specific (i.e., Mac or Windows) because the compile problems
appear to be upper-lowercase problems.  Turning CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_ECN
to 'n' is pretty simple and allows me to move on.

xt_mark break I haven't quite figured out what is going on- just setting
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MARK to 'n' does not work; it looks like it gets
reset to 'm' so I think there is some dependency somewhere I haven't
figured out yet.

Anyways, if anyone has stumbled upon this problem and already has a
solution I'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-07-16 23:28 UTC | newest]