* Telit 864
@ 2009-11-14  8:02 Fundu
From: Fundu @ 2009-11-14  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

this is my first post, so please excuse me if it doesn't follow some set rules.

Is the TELIT 864 module supported by ofono ?

what i'm looking at is the ability to be able to communicate with the telit module over serial or usb and also use it as a data modem.

any insights would be appreciated.

thanks !

fundu

* Re: Telit 864
@ 2009-11-14 16:44 ` Ryan Raasch
From: Ryan Raasch @ 2009-11-14 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Looks like it would work. Compile source, plugin usb cable, run export
OFONO_AT_DEBUG=1 && ofonod -d -n, run enable-modem script and see if runs.

The data modem part isn't quite finished yet. Meaning you can't use pppd
or setup a network device for the rest of the sytem to use (using GPRS,
etc.). The rest works quite nicely.

Cheers,
Ryan

Fundu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is my first post, so please excuse me if it doesn't follow some set rules.
>
> Is the TELIT 864 module supported by ofono ?
>
> what i'm looking at is the ability to be able to communicate with the telit module over serial or usb and also use it as a data modem.
>
> any insights would be appreciated.
>
> thanks !
>
> fundu

* Re: Telit 864
@ 2009-11-16 23:53   ` Fundu
From: Fundu @ 2009-11-16 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Thanks Ryan !

so let me ask this then what's involved in getting data modem part working ?

I can help a on that. Don't know what would be involved in that.

My area of comfort.
1) C
2) linux drivers
3) fair understanding of the telit AT command set.

not familiar with pppd and wonder how that would play into the picture ?

-fundu

Fundu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is my first post, so please excuse me if it doesn't follow some set rules.
>
> Is the TELIT 864 module supported by ofono ?
> what i'm looking at is the ability to be able to communicate with the telit module over serial or usb and also use it as a data modem.
>
> any insights would be appreciated.
>
> thanks !
>
> fundu

* Re: Telit 864
@ 2009-11-17  9:18     ` Ryan Raasch
From: Ryan Raasch @ 2009-11-17  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ofono

Fundu wrote:
> Thanks Ryan !
>
> so let me ask this then what's involved in getting data modem part working ?

Uhhh. This is not modem specific.

> I can help a on that. Don't know what would be involved in that.
>
> My area of comfort.
> 1) C
> 2) linux drivers
> 3) fair understanding of the telit AT command set.
>
> not familiar with pppd and wonder how that would play into the picture ?

My suggestion is to read up on pppd and its interaction with modems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-Point_Protocol_daemon

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/PPP-HOWTO/

Ryan

> -fundu