* phosphor-ipmi-host.service broken
@ 2019-01-09 22:30 Vijay Khemka
From: Vijay Khemka @ 2019-01-09 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

I see new changes in this phosphor-ipmi-host.service file where it needs org.openbmc.HostIpmi.service service to be running and this org.openbmc.HostIpmi.service service depends on phosphor-ipmi-host.service file. So it is cyclic dependency which in turn not letting run any of these service.

Regards

-Vijay

* Re: phosphor-ipmi-host.service broken
       [not found] <F7A6D855-479B-48FD-98C0-FEAAB372B52A@fb.com>
@ 2019-01-13 22:11 ` Andrew Jeffery
From: Andrew Jeffery @ 2019-01-13 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vijay Khemka, linux-aspeed, openbmc

Hi Vijay,

The linux-aspeed@lists.ozlabs.org list is for kernel patches going upstream - Joel uses it as a way to track relevant patches in patchwork. For openbmc discussions (i.e. userspace questions like this) please use openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019, at 05:12, Vijay Khemka wrote:
> I see new changes in this phosphor-ipmi-host.service file where it needs
> org.openbmc.HostIpmi.service service to be running and this
> org.openbmc.HostIpmi.service service depends on phosphor-ipmi-
> host.service file. So it is cyclic dependency which in turn not letting
> run any of these service.

We've fixed this: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/#/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/16856/

Sorry for breaking things - I had forgotten about the KCS backend.

Andrew