* Strange message in logs: fault with nothing to send, going to standby
@ 2012-04-13 16:38 Tomasz Paszkowski
From: Tomasz Paszkowski @ 2012-04-13 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi,

Can anyone explain we why this message ( fault with nothing to send,
going to standby) appears in osd log file ?

osd log: http://paste.openstack.org/show/12786/
mon log: http://paste.openstack.org/show/12787/

--
Tomasz Paszkowski
SS7, Asterisk, SAN, Datacenter, Cloud Computing

* Re: Strange message in logs: fault with nothing to send, going to standby
@ 2012-04-13 17:52 ` Greg Farnum
From: Greg Farnum @ 2012-04-13 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomasz Paszkowski; +Cc: ceph-devel

On Friday, April 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Tomasz Paszkowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone explain we why this message ( fault with nothing to send,
> going to standby) appears in osd log file ?
>
> osd log: http://paste.openstack.org/show/12786/
> mon log: http://paste.openstack.org/show/12787/

The "fault with nothing to send, going to standby" message indicates that one of the Messenger's sockets hasn't seen any activity for the specified timeout period (default 15 minutes), and so it's going to close the socket. It's normal and doesn't indicate any problems — if either endpoint needs to send a Message it will re-establish the session cleanly.
-Greg