* [U-Boot] How to thread a patch sequence?
@ 2009-06-28 18:54 Prafulla Wadaskar
From: Prafulla Wadaskar @ 2009-06-28 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi

I have posted a patch http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-June/054797.html
I didn't received email confirmation for the same. (generally I get)
Now I need to send v2 patch for the same.

I want to thread my new patch with this earlier patch for better understanding of everyone on this mailing list.
Generally I was using message id of received email for this purpose.

Since for above patch I didn't received an email
How do I get information to put in "--in-reply-to" field?

Regards..
Prafulla . .

* [U-Boot] How to thread a patch sequence?
@ 2009-06-28 19:52 ` Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
From: Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD @ 2009-06-28 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 11:54 Sun 28 Jun     , Prafulla Wadaskar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have posted a patch http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-June/054797.html
> I didn't received email confirmation for the same. (generally I get)
> Now I need to send v2 patch for the same.
>
> I want to thread my new patch with this earlier patch for better understanding of everyone on this mailing list.
> Generally I was using message id of received email for this purpose.
>
> Since for above patch I didn't received an email
> How do I get information to put in "--in-reply-to" field?
1) generate your patch with some think like this
git format-patch -M -B -C --numbered --start-number 1
2) send it via
git send-email --to u-boot at lists.denx.de 000*

Best Regards,
J.

* [U-Boot] How to thread a patch sequence?
@ 2009-06-29  7:35   ` Prafulla Wadaskar
From: Prafulla Wadaskar @ 2009-06-29  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Jean,
Thanks
This will give me patch series with updated patch numbers,
But my need is -
How do I relate/thread the patch with previous posted patch in case I do not have message-id for older one?

Regards..
Prafulla . .

* [U-Boot] How to thread a patch sequence?
@ 2009-06-29 15:56     ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2009-06-29 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Monday 29 June 2009 03:35:53 Prafulla Wadaskar wrote:
> How do I relate/thread the patch with previous posted patch in case I do
> not have message-id for older one?

generally speaking, you should not post a new patch series as a follow up to
an e-mail.  patch series should stand by themselves.  if you want to post one
updated patch, then the normal method applies -- send that one patch and set
the referring id yourself.
-mike