* How to avoid compilation errors like "error: no member named xxx in strut xxx"?
@ 2021-06-16  4:06 Shuyi Cheng
From: Shuyi Cheng @ 2021-06-16  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bpf; +Cc: kafai, andrii, songliubraving, yhs

I am trying to write a bpf program that supports multiple linux kernel
versions. However, there are some differences in the definition of
struct net in these multiple kernel versions.

Therefore, when we include a certain kernel version of vmlinux.h, the
compilation error "error: no member named'proc_inum' in strut net" will
appear.

However, when we include another kernel version of vmlinux.h, the
compilation will appear "error: no member named'ns.inum' in strut net".

Anakryiko mentioned in the issue of libbpf/libbpf-bootstrap: vmlinux.h
is just a convenient way to have most of kernel types defined for you,
so that you don't have to re-define them manually. Link here: https:
//github.com/libbpf/libbpf-bootstrap/issues/31#issuecomment-861035643

But struct net is a very huge structure, and it may be very difficult to
add it manually. So, how can we avoid compilation errors like "error: no
member named'xxx' in xxx"