* TODO advice for octeon-usb?
@ 2019-05-20 23:05 Aaro Koskinen
From: Aaro Koskinen @ 2019-05-20 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kroah-Hartman; +Cc: linux-usb, devel

Hi,

I'm looking for input what should be done next to get
drivers/staging/octeon-usb out of staging.

Thousands of checkpatch errors/warnings have been fixed (starting point
was <https://marc.info/?l=linux-driver-devel&m=137028876225266&w=2>),
also the size of the driver has shrunken considerably.

If there are still some other bigger issues with this driver, please
let me know.

Thanks,

A.

* Re: TODO advice for octeon-usb?
@ 2019-05-21  6:12 ` Felipe Balbi
From: Felipe Balbi @ 2019-05-21  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaro Koskinen, Greg Kroah-Hartman; +Cc: linux-usb, devel

Aaro Koskinen <aaro.koskinen@iki.fi> writes:
> I'm looking for input what should be done next to get
> drivers/staging/octeon-usb out of staging.
>
> Thousands of checkpatch errors/warnings have been fixed (starting point
> was <https://marc.info/?l=linux-driver-devel&m=137028876225266&w=2>),
> also the size of the driver has shrunken considerably.
>
> If there are still some other bigger issues with this driver, please
> let me know.

Looks pretty clean to me. I would simply break that single file into
smaller files if possible (see xhci/ehci for example).

my 2 cents

--
balbi

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: TODO advice for octeon-usb?
@ 2019-05-21  7:59 ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2019-05-21  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aaro Koskinen; +Cc: linux-usb, devel

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 02:05:32AM +0300, Aaro Koskinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for input what should be done next to get
> drivers/staging/octeon-usb out of staging.
>
> Thousands of checkpatch errors/warnings have been fixed (starting point
> was <https://marc.info/?l=linux-driver-devel&m=137028876225266&w=2>),
> also the size of the driver has shrunken considerably.
>
> If there are still some other bigger issues with this driver, please
> let me know.

Submit it as a patch that just adds the files to the drivers/usb/host/
directory so we can review it on linux-usb@vger and if it gets accepted,
I can then drop it from the staging directory, or just move it over if
no changes are needed.

thanks,

greg k-h