* Re: Multiple (client-)peers with same keys possible ?
       [not found] <896575027.3009605.1526448125867.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2018-05-16  5:22 ` reiner otto
From: reiner otto @ 2018-05-16  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Then individual keys for the clients, sigh.

Which leads to next question:
When adding a new client to the servers wg0.conf,
does it require a restart of wg, _OR_ is it safe to simply "edit" wg0.conf, adding the clients info ?

Cheers,
Reiner

* Re: Multiple (client-)peers with same keys possible ?
@ 2018-05-16 14:04   ` ajs124
From: ajs124 @ 2018-05-16 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On Wed, 16 May 2018 05:22:05 +0000 (UTC)
reiner otto <augustus_meyer@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Then individual keys for the clients, sigh.
>
> Which leads to next question:
> When adding a new client to the servers wg0.conf,
> does it require a restart of wg, _OR_ is it safe to simply "edit" wg0.conf, adding the clients info ?
>
> Cheers,
> Reiner

You don't need to restart, just use "wg addconf" or "wg setconf". Or if you
don't (want to) use the ini config format, for some reason, using "wg
set peer <base64-public-key>" directly should also work.

* Re: Multiple (client-)peers with same keys possible ?
@ 2018-05-15 21:39     ` Ivan Labáth
From: Ivan Labáth @ 2018-05-15 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,

as said, I don't concieve a reasonable way of using the same key.
Wireguard routes and needs to identify and know its clients.

That said, I don't see a reason why the clients couldn't have similar
private keys.

e.g.

Server:

Private = PrivateKey

[Peer1]
Pubkey = secret_to_public(notreallysecret..001)
AllowedIPs = 172.16.0.1/16

[Peer2]
Pubkey = secret_to_public(notreallysecret..002)
AllowedIPs = 172.16.0.2/16

I would carefully consider security consequences and possible
alternatives before deploying such a scheme.

Cheers,
ivan

@ 2018-05-15 20:50   ` Eric Light
From: Eric Light @ 2018-05-15 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)