* linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
@ 2015-12-31  2:30 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2015-12-31  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford, J. Bruce Fields; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Christoph Hellwig

Hi Doug,

Today's linux-next merge of the rdma tree got conflicts in a quite a
few files between (mostly, I think) commit:

  6c7b6d2d442c ("IB: merge struct ib_device_attr into struct ib_device")

from the nfsd tree and various commits from the rdma tree.

It would have taken me considerable time to fix the conflicts up, so I
have dropped teh rdma tree for today (just because it was merged second).
Please have a conversation and figure out how you are going to cooperate
and get these conflicts fixed e.g. set up a stable branch with Christoph's
commit (and any other conflicting commits) in it and merge that into
both trees.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@canb.auug.org.au

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
@ 2016-01-04  1:44 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2016-01-04  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford, J. Bruce Fields
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Christoph Hellwig, Ira Weiny, Or Gerlitz

Hi all,

On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 13:30:22 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the rdma tree got conflicts in a quite a
> few files between (mostly, I think) commit:
>
>   6c7b6d2d442c ("IB: merge struct ib_device_attr into struct ib_device")
>
> from the nfsd tree and various commits from the rdma tree.
>
> It would have taken me considerable time to fix the conflicts up, so I
> have dropped teh rdma tree for today (just because it was merged second).
> Please have a conversation and figure out how you are going to cooperate
> and get these conflicts fixed e.g. set up a stable branch with Christoph's
> commit (and any other conflicting commits) in it and merge that into
> both trees.

So, on further inspection, it appears that there is a series of commits
in the rdma tree that does basically the same as that nfsd tree commit
above.  So I have dropped the rdma tree again today.  Please have a
conversation guys ...

--

@ 2016-01-04  2:53   ` Doug Ledford
From: Doug Ledford @ 2016-01-04  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell, J. Bruce Fields
  Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel, Christoph Hellwig, Ira Weiny, Or Gerlitz

On 01/03/2016 08:44 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 13:30:22 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> Today's linux-next merge of the rdma tree got conflicts in a quite a
>> few files between (mostly, I think) commit:
>>
>>   6c7b6d2d442c ("IB: merge struct ib_device_attr into struct ib_device")
>>
>> from the nfsd tree and various commits from the rdma tree.
>>
>> It would have taken me considerable time to fix the conflicts up, so I
>> have dropped teh rdma tree for today (just because it was merged second).
>> Please have a conversation and figure out how you are going to cooperate
>> and get these conflicts fixed e.g. set up a stable branch with Christoph's
>> commit (and any other conflicting commits) in it and merge that into
>> both trees.
>
> So, on further inspection, it appears that there is a series of commits
> in the rdma tree that does basically the same as that nfsd tree commit
> above.  So I have dropped the rdma tree again today.  Please have a
> conversation guys ...

The initial patchset was Christoph's.  It was later replaced with a
different patchset from Or Gerlitz.  Bruce picked up some changes from
Chuck Lever that were originally based on Christoph's work but now need
to be rebased off of the current RDMA tree.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
@ 2016-01-04 19:36     ` J. Bruce Fields
From: J. Bruce Fields @ 2016-01-04 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Ledford
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-kernel, Christoph Hellwig,
	Ira Weiny, Or Gerlitz, chuck.lever

On Sun, Jan 03, 2016 at 09:53:20PM -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:
> On 01/03/2016 08:44 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > On Thu, 31 Dec 2015 13:30:22 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Doug,
> >>
> >> Today's linux-next merge of the rdma tree got conflicts in a quite a
> >> few files between (mostly, I think) commit:
> >>
> >>   6c7b6d2d442c ("IB: merge struct ib_device_attr into struct ib_device")
> >>
> >> from the nfsd tree and various commits from the rdma tree.
> >>
> >> It would have taken me considerable time to fix the conflicts up, so I
> >> have dropped teh rdma tree for today (just because it was merged second).
> >> Please have a conversation and figure out how you are going to cooperate
> >> and get these conflicts fixed e.g. set up a stable branch with Christoph's
> >> commit (and any other conflicting commits) in it and merge that into
> >> both trees.
> >
> > So, on further inspection, it appears that there is a series of commits
> > in the rdma tree that does basically the same as that nfsd tree commit
> > above.  So I have dropped the rdma tree again today.  Please have a
> > conversation guys ...
> >

> The initial patchset was Christoph's.  It was later replaced with a
> different patchset from Or Gerlitz.  Bruce picked up some changes from
> Chuck Lever that were originally based on Christoph's work but now need
> to be rebased off of the current RDMA tree.

OK.  I'm assuming Chuck will want to do any necessary rebasing and
retesting himself, so for now I've just dropped those patches, and
expect to pick up new versions when Chuck gets back from the holidays.

--b.

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
@ 2016-01-06 12:01       ` Chuck Lever
                           ` (3 more replies)
From: Chuck Lever @ 2016-01-06 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel, Christoph Hellwig,
	Ira Weiny, Or Gerlitz

> On Jan 4, 2016, at 2:36 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@fieldses.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jan 03, 2016 at 09:53:20PM -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:
>> On 01/03/2016 08:44 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>>> Hi all,

>>> So, on further inspection, it appears that there is a series of commits
>>> in the rdma tree that does basically the same as that nfsd tree commit
>>> above.  So I have dropped the rdma tree again today.  Please have a
>>> conversation guys ...
>>>

>> The initial patchset was Christoph's.  It was later replaced with a
>> different patchset from Or Gerlitz.  Bruce picked up some changes from
>> Chuck Lever that were originally based on Christoph's work but now need
>> to be rebased off of the current RDMA tree.
>
> OK.  I'm assuming Chuck will want to do any necessary rebasing and
> retesting himself, so for now I've just dropped those patches, and
> expect to pick up new versions when Chuck gets back from the holidays.

Part of the plan was that Doug's tree would be merged before
Bruce's. But the above problem description looks like the
maintainer trees were merged into linux-next in the other order.

I'd like to make this simpler for everyone. Bruce, may I send
my for-4.5 NFS/RDMA server patches to Doug with your Acked-by?
That way, merge order won't matter.

Doug, what is the URL for the branch I should rebase on?

--
Chuck Lever

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
@ 2016-01-06 12:14           ` Or Gerlitz
                             ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Or Gerlitz @ 2016-01-06 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel, Christoph Hellwig, Ira Weiny

On 1/6/2016 2:01 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
> what is the URL for the branch I should rebase on?

k.o/for-4.5 on Doug's kernel.org tree

From: Or Gerlitz @ 2016-01-06 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel, Christoph Hellwig, Ira Weiny

@ 2016-01-06 12:15         ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2016-01-06 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever
  Cc: J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next,
	LKML Kernel, Christoph Hellwig, Ira Weiny, Or Gerlitz

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 07:01:14AM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
> Part of the plan was that Doug's tree would be merged before
> Bruce's. But the above problem description looks like the
> maintainer trees were merged into linux-next in the other order.
>
> I'd like to make this simpler for everyone. Bruce, may I send
> my for-4.5 NFS/RDMA server patches to Doug with your Acked-by?
> That way, merge order won't matter.
>
> Doug, what is the URL for the branch I should rebase on?

I'm not Doug, but all the recent for 4.5 work is in Dougs tree
at

	https://github.com/dledford/linux rdma/k.o/for-4.5

Bruce, can you ACK me local_dma_lkey patch as well which needs
the same treatment as Chuck's patches?  I have some RDMA work
in that area planned for the nxt merge window, so it would be
really helpful to get it in for 4.5.

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
@ 2016-01-06 12:22             ` Or Gerlitz
From: Or Gerlitz @ 2016-01-06 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig, Chuck Lever
  Cc: J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next,
	LKML Kernel, Ira Weiny

On 1/6/2016 2:15 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I'm not Doug, but all the recent for 4.5 work is in Dougs tree
> at
>
> 	https://github.com/dledford/linux  rdma/k.o/for-4.5

Christoph,

As I wrote here, the bits are already @ kernel.org

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dledford/rdma.git k.o/for-4.5

Or.

From: Or Gerlitz @ 2016-01-06 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig, Chuck Lever
  Cc: J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next,

@ 2016-01-06 12:27         ` Chuck Lever
From: Chuck Lever @ 2016-01-06 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford
  Cc: Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel, Christoph Hellwig,
	Ira Weiny, Or Gerlitz

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 7:01 AM, Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 4, 2016, at 2:36 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@fieldses.org> wrote:

>>> The initial patchset was Christoph's.  It was later replaced with a
>>> different patchset from Or Gerlitz.  Bruce picked up some changes from
>>> Chuck Lever that were originally based on Christoph's work but now need
>>> to be rebased off of the current RDMA tree.
>>
>> OK.  I'm assuming Chuck will want to do any necessary rebasing and
>> retesting himself, so for now I've just dropped those patches, and
>> expect to pick up new versions when Chuck gets back from the holidays.
>
> Part of the plan was that Doug's tree would be merged before
> Bruce's. But the above problem description looks like the
> maintainer trees were merged into linux-next in the other order.
>
> I'd like to make this simpler for everyone. Bruce, may I send
> my for-4.5 NFS/RDMA server patches to Doug with your Acked-by?
> That way, merge order won't matter.

Also, I see Dan Carpenter has posted a couple of clean-ups for
this series. I can include them with my upcoming repost if you
wish.

--
Chuck Lever

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
  (?)
@ 2016-01-06 12:28             ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2016-01-06 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Or Gerlitz
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, Chuck Lever, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,
	Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel, Ira Weiny

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 02:22:41PM +0200, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> As I wrote here, the bits are already @ kernel.org
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dledford/rdma.git k.o/for-4.5

Ok, that's a little confusing.

Doug, any chance you could settle on one tree? I don't really care
which one.

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
@ 2016-01-06 14:24           ` Chuck Lever
From: Chuck Lever @ 2016-01-06 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig
  Cc: J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next,
	LKML Kernel, Ira Weiny, Or Gerlitz

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 7:15 AM, Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 07:01:14AM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
>> Part of the plan was that Doug's tree would be merged before
>> Bruce's. But the above problem description looks like the
>> maintainer trees were merged into linux-next in the other order.
>>
>> I'd like to make this simpler for everyone. Bruce, may I send
>> my for-4.5 NFS/RDMA server patches to Doug with your Acked-by?
>> That way, merge order won't matter.
>>
>> Doug, what is the URL for the branch I should rebase on?
>
> I'm not Doug, but all the recent for 4.5 work is in Dougs tree
> at
>
> 	https://github.com/dledford/linux rdma/k.o/for-4.5
>
> Bruce, can you ACK me local_dma_lkey patch as well which needs
> the same treatment as Chuck's patches?  I have some RDMA work
> in that area planned for the nxt merge window, so it would be
> really helpful to get it in for 4.5.

Actually, one of Or's for-4.5 devattr patches doesn't
appear to have the proper Ack's for the changes under
net/sunrpc/xprtrdma either.

--
Chuck Lever

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
@ 2016-01-06 14:46               ` Or Gerlitz
From: Or Gerlitz @ 2016-01-06 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,

On 1/6/2016 4:24 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
> Actually, one of Or's for-4.5 devattr patches doesn't appear to have the proper Ack's for the changes under net/sunrpc/xprtrdma either.

Chuck,

Lets be concrete... anything wrong with patch [1]?

Or.

[1]  commit e3e45b1 "xprtrdma: Avoid calling ib_query_device"

in git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dledford/rdma.git
k.o/for-4.5

http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/dledford/rdma.git/commit/?h=k.o/for-4.5&id=e3e45b1b43988b99007a9908ca0ba738b3fbd0ff

From: Or Gerlitz @ 2016-01-06 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,

@ 2016-01-06 15:20               ` Chuck Lever
From: Chuck Lever @ 2016-01-06 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Or Gerlitz
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,
	Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel, Ira Weiny

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 9:46 AM, Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz@mellanox.com> wrote:
>
> On 1/6/2016 4:24 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
>> Actually, one of Or's for-4.5 devattr patches doesn't appear to have the proper Ack's for the changes under net/sunrpc/xprtrdma either.
>
> Chuck,
>
> Lets be concrete... anything wrong with patch [1]?

Yes. It is missing Acked-by: lines from the maintainers of
those files.

All changes to files under net/sunrpc need an Ack from one
of the maintainers listed in MAINTAINERS for that directory,
if the changes are going through another maintainer's tree.

I have been personally asked to remind folks that the
nfs-sunrpc maintainers do not read linux-rdma, so they
must be contacted directly (and cc: linux-nfs) as part of
proposing finished patches in that area.

Unfortunately I have not been able to review every patch
that has come by on linux-rdma in the past 9 months to
ensure the eyes are dotted and tees crossed. More than
a few commits in the tree are missing the proper tags.

@ 2016-01-06 15:52                   ` Or Gerlitz
From: Or Gerlitz @ 2016-01-06 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,
	Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel, Ira Weiny,
	Anna Schumaker

On 1/6/2016 5:20 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
>> Chuck,
>> >
>> >Lets be concrete... anything wrong with patch [1]?
> Yes. It is missing Acked-by: lines from the maintainers of
> those files.
>
> All changes to files under net/sunrpc need an Ack from one
> of the maintainers listed in MAINTAINERS for that directory,
> if the changes are going through another maintainer's tree.
>
> I have been personally asked to remind folks that the
> nfs-sunrpc maintainers do not read linux-rdma, so they
> must be contacted directly (and cc: linux-nfs) as part of
> proposing finished patches in that area.

I did that!!

I copied you and Anna on the patch [1].

Again, lets be concrete, this very small cleanup was picked and merged,
anything there
need to be fixed?

Or.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-rdma&m=145042924110411&w=2

From: Or Gerlitz @ 2016-01-06 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,
	Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel, Ira Weiny,
	Anna Schumaker

On 1/6/2016 5:20 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
>> Chuck,
>> >
>> >Lets be concrete... anything wrong with patch [1]?
> Yes. It is missing Acked-by: lines from the maintainers of
> those files.
>
> All changes to files under net/sunrpc need an Ack from one
> of the maintainers listed in MAINTAINERS for that directory,
> if the changes are going through another maintainer's tree.
>
> I have been personally asked to remind folks that the
> nfs-sunrpc maintainers do not read linux-rdma, so they
> must be contacted directly (and cc: linux-nfs) as part of
> proposing finished patches in that area.

I did that!!

I copied you and Anna on the patch [1].

Again, lets be concrete, this very small cleanup was picked and merged,
anything there
need to be fixed?

Or.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-rdma&m=145042924110411&w=2

> Unfortunately I have not been able to review every patch
> that has come by on linux-rdma in the past 9 months to
> ensure the eyes are dotted and tees crossed. More than
> a few commits in the tree are missing the proper tags.
>

> >[1]  commit e3e45b1 "xprtrdma: Avoid calling ib_query_device"
> >
> >in git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dledford/rdma.git k.o/for-4.5
> >
> >http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/dledford/rdma.git/commit/?h=k.o/for-4.5&id=e3e45b1b43988b99007a9908ca0ba738b3fbd0ff

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
                           ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2016-01-06 16:25         ` J. Bruce Fields
From: J. Bruce Fields @ 2016-01-06 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever
  Cc: Doug Ledford, Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel,
	Christoph Hellwig, Ira Weiny, Or Gerlitz

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 07:01:14AM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
> Part of the plan was that Doug's tree would be merged before
> Bruce's. But the above problem description looks like the
> maintainer trees were merged into linux-next in the other order.

The order makes no difference.

The problem is that we had conflicting patches: I still had Christoph's
patch, but Doug's tree did something different.

(The only reason to care about merge order is that if I sent my pull
request to Linus first, it would look like "here's the nfsd changes for
4.5.  Oh, plus a bunch of rdma changes from Doug which he can explain
later...".  So it'd be best if the rdma changes were already in before I
sent a pull request based on them.)

> I'd like to make this simpler for everyone. Bruce, may I send
> my for-4.5 NFS/RDMA server patches to Doug with your Acked-by?

Sure, I'm fine with doing it either way.  Feel free to add my Acked-by:
to the patches you sent me before if that would simplify things.

--b.

@ 2016-01-06 16:33                   ` Chuck Lever
From: Chuck Lever @ 2016-01-06 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Or Gerlitz
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,
	Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, LKML Kernel, Ira Weiny,
	Anna Schumaker

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 10:52 AM, Or Gerlitz <ogerlitz@mellanox.com> wrote:
>
> On 1/6/2016 5:20 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
>>> Chuck,

>> Yes. It is missing Acked-by: lines from the maintainers of
>> those files.
>>
>> All changes to files under net/sunrpc need an Ack from one
>> of the maintainers listed in MAINTAINERS for that directory,
>> if the changes are going through another maintainer's tree.
>>
>> I have been personally asked to remind folks that the
>> nfs-sunrpc maintainers do not read linux-rdma, so they
>> must be contacted directly (and cc: linux-nfs) as part of
>> proposing finished patches in that area.
>
> I did that!!
>
> I copied you and Anna on the patch [1].

The marc.info archive does not preserve To: or Cc:
fields on e-mail. I had to look in my own inbox to
confirm who the recipients were.

Anna was the only NFS maintainer listed, and
linux-nfs was not included on that e-mail at all.
Did Anna ever reply with an Acked-by ? I don't see
that in either the archive or my own inbox.

Bruce needs to Ack the svc_rdma_transport.c hunks.

> Again, lets be concrete, this very small cleanup was picked and merged, anything there
> need to be fixed?

I have rebased on Doug's current for-4.5, and will
be testing today before submitting my for-4.5 patches
again. Your changes are mechanical, so I don't expect
to encounter a technical problem.

However, I would be more comfortable if the missing
Acks were fixed in Doug's tree (with Anna and Bruce's
permission, of course) before Linus pulls.

@ 2016-01-06 16:38                     ` Or Gerlitz
From: Or Gerlitz @ 2016-01-06 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,
	Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, Ira Weiny, Anna Schumaker

On 1/6/2016 6:33 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
> Anna was the only NFS maintainer listed, and linux-nfs was not included on that e-mail at all.

OK, will do better next time.

> Did Anna ever reply with an Acked-by ? I don't see that in either the archive or my own inbox.

as you wrote, the patch is mechanical, I didn't think there's a deep
need to desperately chase people for that ack

Or.

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree
@ 2016-01-06 16:48                       ` Anna Schumaker
From: Anna Schumaker @ 2016-01-06 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever, Or Gerlitz
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,

On 01/06/2016 11:33 AM, Chuck Lever wrote:

>>> Yes. It is missing Acked-by: lines from the maintainers of
>>> those files.
>>>
>>> All changes to files under net/sunrpc need an Ack from one
>>> of the maintainers listed in MAINTAINERS for that directory,
>>> if the changes are going through another maintainer's tree.
>>>
>>> I have been personally asked to remind folks that the
>>> nfs-sunrpc maintainers do not read linux-rdma, so they
>>> must be contacted directly (and cc: linux-nfs) as part of
>>> proposing finished patches in that area.
>>
>> I did that!!
>>
>> I copied you and Anna on the patch [1].
>
> The marc.info archive does not preserve To: or Cc:
> fields on e-mail. I had to look in my own inbox to
> confirm who the recipients were.
>
> Anna was the only NFS maintainer listed, and
> linux-nfs was not included on that e-mail at all.
> Did Anna ever reply with an Acked-by ? I don't see
> that in either the archive or my own inbox.

I'm not sure if I ever replied to that one.  This patch was part of an alternative to Christoph's deviceattr cleanup, right?  The NFS client bits looked okay to me, but I held off on replying to see which version was accepted.  Feel free to add my:

Acked-by: Anna Schumaker <Anna.Schumaker@netapp.com>

Anna

From: Anna Schumaker @ 2016-01-06 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chuck Lever, Or Gerlitz
  Cc: Christoph Hellwig, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,

@ 2016-01-06 17:54               ` Doug Ledford
From: Doug Ledford @ 2016-01-06 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig
  Cc: Or Gerlitz, Chuck Lever, J. Bruce Fields, Doug Ledford,
	Stephen Rothwell, linux-next, linux-kernel, Weiny, Ira