* [LTP] LTP: smoketest: route4-change-dst fails intermittently
@ 2021-09-03  6:33 Naresh Kamboju
From: Naresh Kamboju @ 2021-09-03  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

LTP smoketest  "route4-change-dst" fails intermittently on various
devices and qemu.
We do not want any intermittent failures on LTP smoketest.
Shall i send a patch to delete this test case from runtest/smoketest ?

- Naresh

* [LTP] LTP: smoketest: route4-change-dst fails intermittently
@ 2021-09-03  8:17 ` Alexey Kodanev
From: Alexey Kodanev @ 2021-09-03  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ltp

On 03.09.2021 09:33, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> LTP smoketest  "route4-change-dst" fails intermittently on various
> devices and qemu.
> We do not want any intermittent failures on LTP smoketest.
> Shall i send a patch to delete this test case from runtest/smoketest ?

route4-change-dst is a stress test, perhaps replacing it with more
simple like ping01.sh or ping02.sh that still triggers LTP/tst_net
library check?

BTW, such tests may overlap with existed network setup on a test
machine, by default they are using 10.0.0.0/24. Changing defaults
is done via IPV4_LHOST and IPV4_RHOST environment variables.

* Re: [LTP] LTP: smoketest: route4-change-dst fails intermittently
@ 2021-09-13 13:14     ` Petr Vorel
From: Petr Vorel @ 2021-09-13 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexey Kodanev; +Cc: LTP List

> On 03.09.2021 09:33, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> > LTP smoketest  "route4-change-dst" fails intermittently on various
> > devices and qemu.
> > We do not want any intermittent failures on LTP smoketest.
> > Shall i send a patch to delete this test case from runtest/smoketest ?

> route4-change-dst is a stress test, perhaps replacing it with more
> simple like ping01.sh or ping02.sh that still triggers LTP/tst_net
> library check?
I overlooked your suggestion. OK, I'll merge replacing route4-change-dst with
ping02.sh -6.

> BTW, such tests may overlap with existed network setup on a test
> machine, by default they are using 10.0.0.0/24. Changing defaults
> is done via IPV4_LHOST and IPV4_RHOST environment variables.
I wonder if using IPV4_NET16_UNUSED and IPV6_NET32_UNUSED would help. Unless we
create a detection of whether they're actually unused (not sure even how to
implement nmap like search which would be fast enough) there still can be a
collision. But at least the addresses ranges in *UNUSED are less common.

Kind regards,
Petr

* Re: [LTP] LTP: smoketest: route4-change-dst fails intermittently
@ 2021-09-14  5:52   ` Petr Vorel
From: Petr Vorel @ 2021-09-14  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Naresh Kamboju; +Cc: LTP List

Hi Naresh, Alexey,

> LTP smoketest  "route4-change-dst" fails intermittently on various
> devices and qemu.
> We do not want any intermittent failures on LTP smoketest.
> Shall i send a patch to delete this test case from runtest/smoketest ?

> - Naresh

After Alexey merges DAD related fix [1] we can keep route test right?
Do we want to add ping02.sh -6 or replace route with test with ping02.sh?

Kind regards,
Petr

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/ltp/patch/20210913123935.10761-2-aleksei.kodanev@bell-sw.com/

* Re: [LTP] LTP: smoketest: route4-change-dst fails intermittently
@ 2021-09-14 12:15       ` Naresh Kamboju
From: Naresh Kamboju @ 2021-09-14 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Vorel; +Cc: LTP List

On Tue, 14 Sept 2021 at 11:22, Petr Vorel <pvorel@suse.cz> wrote:

> Hi Naresh, Alexey,
>
> > LTP smoketest  "route4-change-dst" fails intermittently on various
> > devices and qemu.
> > We do not want any intermittent failures on LTP smoketest.
> > Shall i send a patch to delete this test case from runtest/smoketest ?
>
> > - Naresh
>
> After Alexey merges DAD related fix [1] we can keep route test right?

No.
We will delete " route4-change-dst".

> Do we want to add ping02.sh -6 or replace route with test with ping02.sh?
Yes. I replace it with
ping02.sh -6

- Naresh