* OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
@ 2016-03-08 16:10 Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-08 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, openembedded-core, Yocto Project,
	openembedded-members

On the Friday after ELC in San Diego (Yocto Project Dev Day is
Thursday), we will have a developer meeting near the conference venue
(need to double check with Jefro about exact location).

http://openembedded.org/wiki/OEDAM_2016

At these meetings we try to follow an agenda we develop before hand on
the wiki page. I've created a rough agenda by posting notes from the
meeting in Dublin. Everyone, please go over the notes and add remarks
for completed items.

You can also bring up issues at the meeting. We only have one day
scheduled for the meeting, so a little pre-planning helps keep us on time.

Everyone involved in the project is welcome to attend, no how
knowledgeable in the overall OpenEmbedded project We like to hear from
people from many different use cases.

Thanks,

Philip

* Re: [oe] OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
@ 2016-03-23 16:36   ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2016-03-23 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, openembedded-core, Yocto Project,
	openembedded-members

On 03/08/2016 08:10 AM, Philip Balister wrote:
> On the Friday after ELC in San Diego (Yocto Project Dev Day is
> Thursday), we will have a developer meeting near the conference venue
> (need to double check with Jefro about exact location).

There are only 10 people signed up.

Is that enough people to justify the expense room or even meet?

- armin

> http://openembedded.org/wiki/OEDAM_2016
>
> At these meetings we try to follow an agenda we develop before hand on
> the wiki page. I've created a rough agenda by posting notes from the
> meeting in Dublin. Everyone, please go over the notes and add remarks
> for completed items.
>
> You can also bring up issues at the meeting. We only have one day
> scheduled for the meeting, so a little pre-planning helps keep us on time.
>
> Everyone involved in the project is welcome to attend, no how
> knowledgeable in the overall OpenEmbedded project We like to hear from
> people from many different use cases.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Philip

* Re: OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
@ 2016-03-23 16:36   ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2016-03-23 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, openembedded-core, Yocto Project,
	openembedded-members

On 03/08/2016 08:10 AM, Philip Balister wrote:
> On the Friday after ELC in San Diego (Yocto Project Dev Day is
> Thursday), we will have a developer meeting near the conference venue
> (need to double check with Jefro about exact location).

There are only 10 people signed up.

Is that enough people to justify the expense room or even meet?

- armin

> http://openembedded.org/wiki/OEDAM_2016
>
> At these meetings we try to follow an agenda we develop before hand on
> the wiki page. I've created a rough agenda by posting notes from the
> meeting in Dublin. Everyone, please go over the notes and add remarks
> for completed items.
>
> You can also bring up issues at the meeting. We only have one day
> scheduled for the meeting, so a little pre-planning helps keep us on time.
>
> Everyone involved in the project is welcome to attend, no how
> knowledgeable in the overall OpenEmbedded project We like to hear from
> people from many different use cases.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Philip

* Re: [OE-core] [oe] OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
  (?)
@ 2016-03-23 21:08     ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2016-03-23 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808, openembedded-devel, openembedded-core, Yocto Project,
	openembedded-members

On Wed 2016-03-23 @ 09:36:40 AM, akuster808 wrote:
> There are only 10 people signed up.
> Is that enough people to justify the expense room or even meet?

I have no idea what the budget might be or what a room might cost. I'll leave
it to those who do know to worry about the costs versus the benefits.

In any case I certainly think it's still worth meeting. A smaller, more
focused group can sometimes get more done than a larger group. Secondly, it's
my experience that more people always show up than sign up.

With a project like this there will always be things to discuss, and sometimes
a discussion goes better in person rather than online.

Best regards,
	Trevor

From: Trevor Woerner @ 2016-03-23 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808, openembedded-devel, openembedded-core, Yocto Project,
	openembedded-members

On Wed 2016-03-23 @ 09:36:40 AM, akuster808 wrote:
> There are only 10 people signed up.
> Is that enough people to justify the expense room or even meet?

I have no idea what the budget might be or what a room might cost. I'll leave
it to those who do know to worry about the costs versus the benefits.

In any case I certainly think it's still worth meeting. A smaller, more
focused group can sometimes get more done than a larger group. Secondly, it's
my experience that more people always show up than sign up.

With a project like this there will always be things to discuss, and sometimes
a discussion goes better in person rather than online.

Best regards,
	Trevor

* Re: [OE-core] OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
@ 2016-03-23 21:08     ` Trevor Woerner
From: Trevor Woerner @ 2016-03-23 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akuster808, openembedded-devel, openembedded-core, Yocto Project,
	openembedded-members

On Wed 2016-03-23 @ 09:36:40 AM, akuster808 wrote:
> There are only 10 people signed up.
> Is that enough people to justify the expense room or even meet?

I have no idea what the budget might be or what a room might cost. I'll leave
it to those who do know to worry about the costs versus the benefits.

In any case I certainly think it's still worth meeting. A smaller, more
focused group can sometimes get more done than a larger group. Secondly, it's
my experience that more people always show up than sign up.

With a project like this there will always be things to discuss, and sometimes
a discussion goes better in person rather than online.

Best regards,
	Trevor

* Re: [OE-core] [oe] OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
  (?)
  (?)
@ 2016-03-23 21:11     ` Fred Ollinger
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: Fred Ollinger @ 2016-03-23 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Woerner, akuster808, openembedded-devel,
	openembedded-core, Yocto Project, openembedded-members

I'm coming and I'm probably brining another person.

I still have to make the wiki account which failed for some reason before.

Frederick

@ 2016-03-23 21:39         ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-23 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fred Ollinger, Trevor Woerner, akuster808, openembedded-devel,
	openembedded-core, Yocto Project, openembedded-members

If you are having trouble with wiki accounts contact me directly and we
will figure it out.

Philip

On 03/23/2016 02:11 PM, Fred Ollinger wrote:
> I'm coming and I'm probably brining another person.
>
> I still have to make the wiki account which failed for some reason before.
>
> Frederick

* Re: [yocto] [oe] OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
@ 2016-03-23 21:39         ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-23 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fred Ollinger, Trevor Woerner, akuster808, openembedded-devel,
	openembedded-core, Yocto Project, openembedded-members

If you are having trouble with wiki accounts contact me directly and we
will figure it out.

Philip

On 03/23/2016 02:11 PM, Fred Ollinger wrote:
> I'm coming and I'm probably brining another person.
>
> I still have to make the wiki account which failed for some reason before.
>
> Frederick

* Re: [yocto] [OE-core] OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
@ 2016-03-23 21:39         ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-23 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fred Ollinger, Trevor Woerner, akuster808, openembedded-devel,

@ 2016-03-23 22:03           ` Jeff Osier-Mixon
From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2016-03-23 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core,
	openembedded-devel

>>> There are only 10 people signed up.
>>> Is that enough people to justify the expense room or even meet?
>>
>> I have no idea what the budget might be or what a room might cost. I'll leave
>> it to those who do know to worry about the costs versus the benefits.

I would give an unequivocal "yes" to this (as the guy with the credit
card). We need reliable internet access to loop in those who can't be
there in person, plus this was actually a reasonable rate for the
immediate area. We can take up to 25 and these meetings usually gain 5
or 6 people who never sign up on the wiki, so I think we are in
excellent shape.

From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2016-03-23 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core,
	openembedded-devel, Fred Ollinger

>>> There are only 10 people signed up.
>>> Is that enough people to justify the expense room or even meet?
>>
>> I have no idea what the budget might be or what a room might cost. I'll leave
>> it to those who do know to worry about the costs versus the benefits.

I would give an unequivocal "yes" to this (as the guy with the credit
card). We need reliable internet access to loop in those who can't be
there in person, plus this was actually a reasonable rate for the
immediate area. We can take up to 25 and these meetings usually gain 5
or 6 people who never sign up on the wiki, so I think we are in
excellent shape.

* Re: [OE-core] [yocto] OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
@ 2016-03-23 22:03           ` Jeff Osier-Mixon
From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2016-03-23 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core,

@ 2016-03-23 22:11             ` akuster808
From: akuster808 @ 2016-03-23 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Osier-Mixon, Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core,
	openembedded-devel

On 03/23/2016 03:03 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon wrote:

>>> I have no idea what the budget might be or what a room might cost. I'll leave
>>> it to those who do know to worry about the costs versus the benefits.
>
> I would give an unequivocal "yes" to this (as the guy with the credit
> card). We need reliable internet access to loop in those who can't be
> there in person, plus this was actually a reasonable rate for the
> immediate area.

tijuana? OEDMX

From: akuster808 @ 2016-03-23 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Osier-Mixon, Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core,
	openembedded-devel, Fred Ollinger

>>> I have no idea what the budget might be or what a room might cost. I'll leave
>>> it to those who do know to worry about the costs versus the benefits.
>
> I would give an unequivocal "yes" to this (as the guy with the credit
> card). We need reliable internet access to loop in those who can't be
> there in person, plus this was actually a reasonable rate for the
> immediate area.

tijuana? OEDMX

From: akuster808 @ 2016-03-23 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Osier-Mixon, Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core,
	openembedded-devel, Fred Ollinger

>>> I have no idea what the budget might be or what a room might cost. I'll leave
>>> it to those who do know to worry about the costs versus the benefits.
>
> I would give an unequivocal "yes" to this (as the guy with the credit
> card). We need reliable internet access to loop in those who can't be
> there in person, plus this was actually a reasonable rate for the
> immediate area.

tijuana? OEDMX

@ 2016-03-23 22:16         ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-23 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fred Ollinger, Trevor Woerner, akuster808, openembedded-devel,
	openembedded-core, Yocto Project, openembedded-members

OK, All outstanding requests approved. I'm not getting all the email
notifications I expect, so feel free to nag me.

From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-23 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fred Ollinger, Trevor Woerner, akuster808, openembedded-devel,

From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-23 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fred Ollinger, Trevor Woerner, akuster808, openembedded-devel,

@ 2016-03-24 18:10         ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-24 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-members, Trevor Woerner, akuster808,
	openembedded-devel, openembedded-core, Yocto Project

We are up to fifteen now and as noted will have some off site attendees
and late sign ups.

From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-24 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-members, Trevor Woerner, akuster808,

From: Philip Balister @ 2016-03-24 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-members, Trevor Woerner, akuster808,
	openembedded-devel, openembedded-core, Yocto Project

We are up to fifteen now and as noted will have some off site attendees
and late sign ups.

Philip

On 03/23/2016 02:11 PM, Fred Ollinger wrote:
> I'm coming and I'm probably brining another person.
>
> I still have to make the wiki account which failed for some reason before.
>
> Frederick

* Re: [oe] [OE-core] OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
  (?)
@ 2016-03-24 18:36           ` Rudolf J Streif
From: Rudolf J Streif @ 2016-03-24 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

Since I happen to live in San Diego, I have been asking around for a potential meeting room (unfortunately, I don't have an office with a meeting room myself). I am currently working with the University of San Diego and the Catamaran/Bahia Hotel. Can't promise anything yet.

:rjs

On Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:10:41 AM Philip Balister wrote:
> We are up to fifteen now and as noted will have some off site attendees
> and late sign ups.
>
> Philip
>
> On 03/23/2016 02:11 PM, Fred Ollinger wrote:
> > I'm coming and I'm probably brining another person.
> >
> > I still have to make the wiki account which failed for some reason before.
> >
> > Frederick

* Re: [oe] [yocto] OEDAM, April 8 in San Diego after ELC
@ 2016-03-24 18:36           ` Rudolf J Streif
From: Rudolf J Streif @ 2016-03-24 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

From: Rudolf J Streif @ 2016-03-24 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

@ 2016-03-25 20:32           ` Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE
From: Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE @ 2016-03-25 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

Is this something beneficial for beginners who are getting their feet wet
in open embedded? Also, where do we register?

@ 2016-03-25 20:37               ` Jeff Osier-Mixon
From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2016-03-25 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

Unfortunately, this OE meeting will be a business meeting followed by
a gathering for OE developers to help determine the direction of the
project and figure out who is doing what. It would not be ideal or
even interesting for beginners. Interested folks can sign up by adding
their name to the wiki at http://openembedded.org/wiki/OEDAM_2016

However, the Yocto Project Developer Day on Thursday of that week is
specifically designed as training for beginners and also interesting
presentations and labs for advanced folks.
https://yoctoproject.org/devday

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions on either event.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE
<ryanelkholy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this something beneficial for beginners who are getting their feet wet
> in open embedded? Also, where do we register?
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Rudolf J Streif <rudolf.streif@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Since I happen to live in San Diego, I have been asking around for a
>> potential meeting room (unfortunately, I don't have an office with a
>> meeting room myself). I am currently working with the University of San
>> Diego and the Catamaran/Bahia Hotel. Can't promise anything yet.
>>
>> :rjs
>>

>> On Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:10:41 AM Philip Balister wrote:
>> > We are up to fifteen now and as noted will have some off site attendees
>> > and late sign ups.
>> >
>> > Philip

>> before.

Jeff Osier-Mixon
Open Source Community Architect, Intel Corporation

From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2016-03-25 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2016-03-25 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

@ 2016-04-06  3:39             ` Jeff Osier-Mixon
From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2016-04-06  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf J Streif
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-devel,
	openembedded-core

Just a final transportation update for those attending OEDAM.

Transportation will be via carpool. Tom, Rudi, Armin, and myself have
volunteered to drive. Together we have room for 19 out of the 20
signed up. Let's plan to meet in front of the Hyatt at 8:30am on
Friday. If you are late or otherwise unable to be there at that time,
let me know and we'll arrange alternate transportation. If you are
planning to drive yourself, please let me know so we don't wait for
you.

Armin will be driving north after the meeting, so if you ride up there
with him I will either make two trips back or arrange for a cab.

From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2016-04-06  3:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf J Streif
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-devel,

@ 2016-04-11 22:35           ` Rudolf J Streif
From: Rudolf J Streif @ 2016-04-11 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, openembedded-core; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members

Hello Everyone:

If you attended OEDAM last Friday in San Diego, I very much hope that you enjoyed being here.

The Catamaran Hotel, where we held the meeting, would very much appreciate your feedback:

www.catamaranresort.com/trip

I hope you all had a safe trip back home,
Rudi

From: Rudolf J Streif @ 2016-04-11 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel, openembedded-core; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members

@ 2016-04-12  1:35             ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-04-12  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 03:35:21PM -0700, Rudolf J Streif wrote:
> Hello Everyone:
>
> If you attended OEDAM last Friday in San Diego, I very much hope that you enjoyed being here.
>
> The Catamaran Hotel, where we held the meeting, would very much appreciate your feedback:
>
> www.catamaranresort.com/trip
>
> I hope you all had a safe trip back home,

And huge thanks to Rudi and Jefro for their help in organizing the event!

--
Denys

From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-04-12  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2016-04-12  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

@ 2016-04-12  1:43               ` Philip Balister
From: Philip Balister @ 2016-04-12  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

On 04/11/2016 09:35 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 03:35:21PM -0700, Rudolf J Streif wrote:
>> Hello Everyone:
>>
>> If you attended OEDAM last Friday in San Diego, I very much hope that you enjoyed being here.
>>
>> The Catamaran Hotel, where we held the meeting, would very much appreciate your feedback:
>>
>> www.catamaranresort.com/trip
>>
>> I hope you all had a safe trip back home,
>
> And huge thanks to Rudi and Jefro for their help in organizing the event!

And an even bigger thanks to everyone that came to the meeting. You are
the people that make OpenEmbedded great!

Philip

From: Philip Balister @ 2016-04-12  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

From: Philip Balister @ 2016-04-12  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-core

@ 2016-04-12  1:48                 ` Tom King
From: Tom King @ 2016-04-12  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-devel,
	openembedded-core

do we have meeting minutes posted someplace?

thanks

tom

From: Tom King @ 2016-04-12  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-devel,

From: Tom King @ 2016-04-12  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Balister
  Cc: Yocto Project, openembedded-members, openembedded-devel,

@ 2016-04-12  2:32                   ` Ankur Tyagi
From: Ankur Tyagi @ 2016-04-12  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: openembedded-members, openembedded-core, Yocto Project

​
Hi,
​
Is there any information/material posted online for people who weren't able
to attend because of geographical barriers ?

regards
Ankur

From: Ankur Tyagi @ 2016-04-12  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel; +Cc: openembedded-members, openembedded-core, Yocto Project