* : About adding documentation in final SDK image
       [not found] <CA+jjunDcbN-xq8TUB_8y6+HKnhErtckaGYgU7RnhGxV0OC1Qfw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-03-19 16:07 ` Preeti P
From: Preeti P @ 2015-03-19 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all,

I am working on adding the documents in to my SDK image.
Basically, I want to have the man and info documentation for the tool-chain
item in my SDK image.

As per my understanding, the install package for every recipe gets split
into different packages and finally shipped in to the SDK image.

To add the documents in my SDK image, I tried to add the '-doc' support in
'PACKAGES' variable but still the documentation related files are not there
in the final image.

I even tried by adding below lines in to the do_install function in my
recipe but my final image does not have those files:

do_install {

                install -d ${D}${includedir}${doc}

                install -m 644 ${S}/doc/*.info ${D}${includedir}${doc}

}

Can anyone provide me inputs on how to add the documentation for packages
in to the final SDK image?

Thanks,
Preeti

* Re: : About adding documentation in final SDK image
       [not found] <CA+jjunDcbN-xq8TUB_8y6+HKnhErtckaGYgU7RnhGxV0OC1Qfw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-03-26 15:26 ` Preeti P
From: Preeti P @ 2015-03-26 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi all,

Any inputs on below mail?

Regards,
Preeti

@ 2015-03-26 20:11   ` Randy Witt
From: Randy Witt @ 2015-03-26 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Preeti P, yocto

Hi Preeti,

On 03/19/2015 09:07 AM, Preeti P wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on adding the documents in to my SDK image.
> Basically, I want to have the man and info documentation for the tool-chain
> item in my SDK image.
>
> As per my understanding, the install package for every recipe gets split
> into different packages and finally shipped in to the SDK image.
>
> To add the documents in my SDK image, I tried to add the '-doc' support in
> 'PACKAGES' variable but still the documentation related files are not there
> in the final image.
>
> I even tried by adding below lines in to the do_install function in my
> recipe but my final image does not have those files:
>
> do_install {
>
>                  install -d ${D}${includedir}${doc}
>
>                  install -m 644 ${S}/doc/*.info ${D}${includedir}${doc}
>
> }
>
> Can anyone provide me inputs on how to add the documentation for packages
> in to the final SDK image?

I'm not sure whether you want them in the host sysroot or the target sysroot,
but will either TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK or TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK do what you need?

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK

@ 2015-03-27 14:39   ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2015-03-27 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Preeti P; +Cc: yocto

Hi Preeti,

On Thursday 19 March 2015 21:37:31 Preeti P wrote:
> I am working on adding the documents in to my SDK image.
> Basically, I want to have the man and info documentation for the tool-chain
> item in my SDK image.
>
> As per my understanding, the install package for every recipe gets split
> into different packages and finally shipped in to the SDK image.
>
> To add the documents in my SDK image, I tried to add the '-doc' support in
> 'PACKAGES' variable but still the documentation related files are not there
> in the final image.
>
> I even tried by adding below lines in to the do_install function in my
> recipe but my final image does not have those files:
>
> do_install {
>
>                 install -d ${D}${includedir}${doc}
>
>                 install -m 644 ${S}/doc/*.info ${D}${includedir}${doc}
>
> }
>
> Can anyone provide me inputs on how to add the documentation for packages
> in to the final SDK image?

When you say "SDK image" I guess you just mean SDK? If so, I think you'd just
need to add "doc-pkgs" to SDKIMAGE_FEATURES. Since SDKIMAGE_FEATURES is set
with ??= i.e. a soft default, you would need to set the complete value i.e.:

SDKIMAGE_FEATURES = "dev-pkgs dbg-pkgs doc-pkgs"

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton