* hp probook 450 g4 touchpad
@ 2021-09-17 13:35 Léo Lagarrigue
From: Léo Lagarrigue @ 2021-09-17 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-input

Hello,

dmesg (kernel : 5.14.5-arch1-1) gave me this output :

psmouse serio3: synaptics: Your touchpad (PNP: SYN3049 SYN0100 SYN0002
PNP0f13) says it can support a different bus. If i2c-hid and hid-rmi
are not used, you might want to try setting
psmouse.synaptics_intertouch to 1 and report this to
linux-input@vger.kernel.org

Setting psmouse.synaptics_intertouch to 1 at startup fixed some issue
where the polling rate was constantly hovering between 40 and 70Hz
(results from using evhz) instead of the 125Hz it runs at using
windows or this kernel parameter on linux. But otherwise, I don't know
where the issue lies exactly.
If more information is needed to fix this issue, I will try giving it
to you as fast as possible given the limits of my beginner level on
linux.

Best regards,

Léo Lagarrigue

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-17 11:35 UTC | newest]