* Re: How to remove a particular package or packages
@ 2012-04-12  7:09 Jegan Chandru
From: Jegan Chandru @ 2012-04-12  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Tomas,

> The basic package selection in the Poky/Yocto images is done on basis of
> the DISTRO_FEATURES variable, so you need to set this somewhere suitable
> to only include the components you need (iirc, the default package
> selection is quite rich).

Thanks for pointing this out. I am using this variable in my custom
image file now.
I think i will get desired output with this.
The need comes here that some of the packages are never gonna be used
and explicitly asked to remove those.

> Other than that, bitbake -g <package> generates .dot files that show
> package dependencies, so you can work out why particular package is
> being included.

It is helpful.

Thanks,
-JC

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-04-12  7:09 UTC | newest]