* Question on IMA Policy
@ 2018-07-06  9:46 Martin Townsend
From: Martin Townsend @ 2018-07-06  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-integrity

Hi,

If I have a root filesystem signed for IMA/EVM could I have a policy
that says appraise every file on this filesystem.  Looking through the
source code I think I could use

appraise fsuuid=uuid-of-root-fs appraise_type=imasig

Would this do what I want?

Many Thanks,
Martin.

* Re: Question on IMA Policy
@ 2018-07-06 11:59 ` Mimi Zohar
From: Mimi Zohar @ 2018-07-06 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Townsend, linux-integrity

Hi Martin,

On Fri, 2018-07-06 at 10:46 +0100, Martin Townsend wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I have a root filesystem signed for IMA/EVM could I have a policy
> that says appraise every file on this filesystem.  Looking through the
> source code I think I could use
>
> appraise fsuuid=uuid-of-root-fs appraise_type=imasig
>
> Would this do what I want?

Yes, that looks right.  Remember all files on this filesystem will be
considered "immutable", meaning you won't be able to write/update
them, only delete them.

Mimi

* Re: Question on IMA Policy
@ 2018-07-06 13:32   ` Martin Townsend
From: Martin Townsend @ 2018-07-06 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zohar; +Cc: linux-integrity

Hi Mimi,

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 12:59 PM Mimi Zohar <zohar@linux.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On Fri, 2018-07-06 at 10:46 +0100, Martin Townsend wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I have a root filesystem signed for IMA/EVM could I have a policy
> > that says appraise every file on this filesystem.  Looking through the
> > source code I think I could use
> >
> > appraise fsuuid=uuid-of-root-fs appraise_type=imasig
> >
> > Would this do what I want?
>
> Yes, that looks right.  Remember all files on this filesystem will be
> considered "immutable", meaning you won't be able to write/update
> them, only delete them.

Thank you and being immutable is fine.