* Syntax related question
@ 2019-12-12 14:02 Syler
From: Syler @ 2019-12-12 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

i have a question about this code `*.s#?`, is the code after #
supposed to be interpreted as a comment? my understanding is that its
not a comment, also does the # need to be the first character to be
interpreted as a comment?

the reason why I'm asking, I'm making simple extension for vs code,
syntax highlighting, auto completion that kind of stuff and i want to
add the ability to chose one of the templates of the github/gitignore
repo their syntax highlighting interprets the code above as containing
a comment after the # but the way i understood the rules is that it is
not interpreted as a comment, so i just want to be sure that I'm
implementing it correctly.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-12-12 14:02 UTC | newest]