* Re: [Fuego] Regarding: batch_smoketest issue
       [not found] <CACSNn7S6CxVon2ghSv20+ggb8aevjYsZ=qskTKVEQOL=W-JjXw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2020-09-30 17:20 ` Bird, Tim
From: Bird, Tim @ 2020-09-30 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Unnati Somvanshi; +Cc: fuego

Unnati,

Thanks very much for this bug report.

In the future, please send bug reports and descriptions of project progress
to the Fuegotest mailing list, as well as me.
Please make sure you are subscribed to the list.

I have added fuego@lists.linuxfoundation.org as a CC: in this reply.

See comments on the bug and fix below.

I was able to successfully reproduce this bug in my lab.  I think it affects any
run of "ftc run-test" from the command line inside the container, as root, and not
just the poll_requests.sh case.  So this is a nice catch!

The basic problem is that the batch test is executed as 'root', and the FUEGO_SPECIAL_DATA_FILE
is created with that file owner.  But the sub-test is executed as 'jenkins', and can't access it.

I made a fix for the problem, by changing the owner of the file, and I tested it, committed it,
and pushed it to the fuego-core master repository on bitbucket.  Please see:
https://bitbucket.org/fuegotest/fuego-core/commits/591fd25d9d3c3e3d0e0144d1ef4dfe7b16f42ad2

Can you please test this change, by updating your fuego-core?   Please let me know the results.
I'll submit another test job for the board in your lab.  If your poll_requests.sh is running, it will
just fail again until you do the update, but I'll find that out quickly. :-)

Thanks,
 -- Tim

* Re: [Fuego] Regarding: batch_smoketest issue
@ 2020-10-01 10:21   ` Unnati Somvanshi
From: Unnati Somvanshi @ 2020-10-01 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fuego, Bird, Tim

Hi Tim,

We have updated Fuego core with the above-mentioned changes

The  "test jobs" are failing as shown below.

== Polling server "birdcloud.org/cgi-bin" for requests ==
Processing requests for any board
Type Ctrl-C to exit
Checking
Running request: request-2020-09-30_17:38:30.23-pptlab:rpi
Trying to get request 'request-2020-09-30_17:38:30.23-pptlab:rpi' from
server
Error: Can't update request 'request-2020-09-30_17:38:30.23-pptlab:rpi'
from server
Server returned message: <body><h1 align="center">FSERVER Error</h1>
<pre>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/fserver.py", line 1237, in <module>
    main(req)
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/fserver.py", line 1225, in main
    action_function(req)
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/fserver.py", line 533, in do_update_request
    fout = open(filepath, "w")
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/home/tbird/work/fserver/fserver-data/data/requests/request-2020-09-30_17:38:30.23-pptlab:rpi.json'
</pre>

Regards
Unnati

--

This
message contains confidential information and is intended only

prohibited. Please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secured or
error-free as information could be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain
viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.

* Re: [Fuego] Regarding: batch_smoketest issue
@ 2020-10-01 16:00     ` Bird, Tim
From: Bird, Tim @ 2020-10-01 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Unnati Somvanshi, fuego

Oh dang.  I was modifying some files on the server yesterday, to fix an issue with fserver, and
I left some owned by root.  Sorry about that.

I have changed the ownership of the files on the server.  Please try again.

Sorry about that.
 -- Tim

@ 2020-10-05 12:55       ` Unnati Somvanshi
From: Unnati Somvanshi @ 2020-10-05 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)