* My thesis about mkfs
@ 2017-08-28 14:39 Jan Tulak
From: Jan Tulak @ 2017-08-28 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-xfs

Hi guys

This email is about my thesis I did and which I'm sending you in case
you are interested: Refactoring and Verification of the Code of
mkfs.xfs

The refactoring part (intro and summary of chapter 3) can be somehow
interesting if you want to get a small overview of how it feels to
just jump into a project like this without any experience in regular
development of bigger open source projects (bigger than 1-2 man
shows). Other than that, you won't find there much.

The testing part (chapters 5 and 6) shows how CppCheck, Coverity, and
GCC and Clang compares to each other, in various levels of
aggressiveness. Spoiler: Coverity is pretty good and we are doing well
that we use it. :-)

I'm sorry I didn't publish it right after the defence; I wanted to go
through it and make some minor edits, but in the weeks since the
defence, I forgot what they told me, so I decided I will just send it
as it is, with no other delays. :-)

The thesis was defended and I got a master degree, but I still
appreciate any comments. :-)

Download here:
https://github.com/jtulak/thesis-mmm/releases

Cheers,
Jan

PS: Eric, I hope I didn't overlook anything you pointed out in the
proofreading. Thank you once more for that. :-)

* Re: My thesis about mkfs
@ 2017-08-28 17:43 ` Emmanuel Florac
From: Emmanuel Florac @ 2017-08-28 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Tulak; +Cc: linux-xfs

Le Mon, 28 Aug 2017 16:39:48 +0200
Jan Tulak <jtulak@redhat.com> écrivait:

> The thesis was defended and I got a master degree, but I still
> appreciate any comments. :-)
>

> Download here:
> https://github.com/jtulak/thesis-mmm/releases

Well it was interesting, thanks for sharing, I've read it all :)

                    |   Intellique
                    |	<eflorac@intellique.com>
                    |   +33 1 78 94 84 02

[-- Attachment #2: Signature digitale OpenPGP --]

* Re: My thesis about mkfs
@ 2017-08-29  0:25 ` Darrick J. Wong
From: Darrick J. Wong @ 2017-08-29  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Tulak; +Cc: linux-xfs

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 04:39:48PM +0200, Jan Tulak wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> This email is about my thesis I did and which I'm sending you in case
> you are interested: Refactoring and Verification of the Code of
> mkfs.xfs
>
> The refactoring part (intro and summary of chapter 3) can be somehow
> interesting if you want to get a small overview of how it feels to
> just jump into a project like this without any experience in regular
> development of bigger open source projects (bigger than 1-2 man
> shows). Other than that, you won't find there much.
>
> The testing part (chapters 5 and 6) shows how CppCheck, Coverity, and
> GCC and Clang compares to each other, in various levels of
> aggressiveness. Spoiler: Coverity is pretty good and we are doing well
> that we use it. :-)
>
> I'm sorry I didn't publish it right after the defence; I wanted to go
> through it and make some minor edits, but in the weeks since the
> defence, I forgot what they told me, so I decided I will just send it
> as it is, with no other delays. :-)
>
> The thesis was defended and I got a master degree, but I still
> appreciate any comments. :-)
>

> Download here:
> https://github.com/jtulak/thesis-mmm/releases

Congratulations!  I'll look it over soon.

--D