* No login prompt on obmc-console
@ 2019-11-06 13:39 AKASH G J
From: AKASH G J @ 2019-11-06 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openbmc

Hi all,

We are using BMC Aspeed AST-2500 in our motherboard with OpenBMC firmware.
'obmc-console' is used to get host messages over BMC. obmc-console.conf
looks like

*lpc-address = 0x3f8sirq = 4local-tty = ttyS4local-tty-baud = 115200*

BIOS serial redirection is enabled over COM port 0 (0x3f8, sirq=4,
baudrate=115200) for super-IO.

We are getting BIOS debug messages, grub entries on BMC. But Linux booting
is very slow, it is not printing systemd status messages(OK/FAILED) on
serial console. Also is not giving login prompt on the serial console over
BMC.

Please someone help to resolve the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Akash

* Re: No login prompt on obmc-console
@ 2019-11-12 12:43 ` AKASH G J