* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] collaboration-group on batman-adv installation & application
@ 2012-04-19 16:39 3zl Trizonelabs
From: 3zl Trizonelabs @ 2012-04-19 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

I would like to organize a kind of collaboration-site on all practical
aspects of batman-adv installation.

It could be a platform to discuss, interchange know how dealing with
all aspects of batman-adv mesh application

As i did switch from AWDS-L2 to batman-adv, i am about to start
gathering some samples of code & information i thought would be viable
to help getting a batman-mesh running.

Anyone interested please respond to discuss how this might be setup.
(example: www.teamlab.com )

In case there exists something like this please notify me.

regards
3zl

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] collaboration-group on batman-adv installation & application
@ 2012-04-19 18:46 ` Christian Huldt
From: Christian Huldt @ 2012-04-19 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

19 apr 2012 kl. 18:39 skrev 3zl Trizonelabs:

> I would like to organize a kind of collaboration-site on all practical
> aspects of batman-adv installation.
>
> It could be a platform to discuss, interchange know how dealing with
> all aspects of batman-adv mesh application
>
> As i did switch from AWDS-L2 to batman-adv, i am about to start
> gathering some samples of code & information i thought would be viable
> to help getting a batman-mesh running.
>
> Anyone interested please respond to discuss how this might be setup.
> (example: www.teamlab.com )

+1

I think one of the most important things would be an allowing athmosphere,
as a former lecturer I think that the "stupid questions" are the most fundamental ones

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] collaboration-group on batman-adv installation & application
@ 2012-04-28  7:09   ` Guido Iribarren
From: Guido Iribarren @ 2012-04-28  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking, interop-dev

> 19 apr 2012 kl. 18:39 skrev 3zl Trizonelabs:
>
>> I would like to organize a kind of collaboration-site on all practical
>> aspects of batman-adv installation.
>>
>> It could be a platform to discuss, interchange know how dealing with
>> all aspects of batman-adv mesh application

A maillist + wiki sounds too oldskool?
I like the surprising visibility that pipermail archives have on
google searches,
and OTOH i personally read & write emails on several (mobile) devices,
while AJAX webguis restrict my collaboration to the few times i'm
sitting in front of a computer.

maybe do something 'inside' the interop project, so that there's space
to share config snippets and talk about use cases,
which serves two purposes:
1) we can help each other solve here&now the challenges we are facing
building the networks, until the interop team develops a common
solution..
2) the experiences can feed the development process of the common solution.

The actual interop wiki sounds compatible and welcoming:
'This site is as a common wiki, playground, drawing board, ideas
thrasher and everything else for different aspects of open networks
interoperability and cooperation.'

To keep things tidy, should we nest everything under
http://interop.wlan-si.net/wiki/WikiSquatters/  ?
;)

What do you interop-people think? If it sounds too OT, do you have any
pointer to give?

Guido

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] collaboration-group on batman-adv installation & application
@ 2012-04-28 10:19     ` 3zl Trizonelabs
From: 3zl Trizonelabs @ 2012-04-28 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

tnx for the input.
I will shure have a look at this.
Meanwhile i'm sorting infos & questions preparing some output

regards
3zl

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] [Interop-dev] collaboration-group on batman-adv installation & application
@ 2012-04-28 11:40     ` Mitar
From: Mitar @ 2012-04-28 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guido Iribarren
  Cc: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking, interop-dev

Hi!

> To keep things tidy, should we nest everything under
> http://interop.wlan-si.net/wiki/WikiSquatters/  ?
> ;)

No need for that. Maybe just /wiki/Gudes/ or /wiki/Tutorials/?

Anyway, I am not sure what is wrong with current Batman wiki?

http://www.open-mesh.org/wiki/batman-adv

On one side I am very for combining our efforts, but we should make sure
that content is updated/actual/maintained and this is possible only if
communities are behind it. So yes, we could start doing a common wiki
for everything, too. :-)

Mitar

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] [Interop-dev] collaboration-group on batman-adv installation & application
@ 2012-04-28 12:53       ` 3zl Trizonelabs
From: 3zl Trizonelabs @ 2012-04-28 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

Hi Mitar, tnx for answering.
There was nearly no response on my first try, so i thought to ask around.

Generally i feel, that a Wiki lacks much of organization possibilites
as do the most forum packets.

Maybe we could agree on some points and weight their capabilities.
Once started its difficult to change.

some considerations (i started to test for myself in Teamlab and found
useful - not in any order)

Tasks
Documents
Files
Website
Discussion platform
Forum
Wiki
Chat
Email-notification
Mindmap
access regulation (admin/maintainer/coworker/visitor)

i do hope so we can agree to a solution which suits for everyone

regards
3zl

ps.: how about to name that "JOKER" ;-)

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] [Interop-dev] collaboration-group on batman-adv installation & application
@ 2012-04-28 14:59       ` Guido Iribarren
From: Guido Iribarren @ 2012-04-28 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mitar
  Cc: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking, interop-dev

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Mitar <mitar@tnode.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> To keep things tidy, should we nest everything under
>> http://interop.wlan-si.net/wiki/WikiSquatters/  ?
>> ;)
>
> No need for that. Maybe just /wiki/Gudes/ or /wiki/Tutorials/?
>
> Anyway, I am not sure what is wrong with current Batman wiki?
>
> http://www.open-mesh.org/wiki/batman-adv

Well, I first got the feeling that the batman-adv wiki was more
implementation-agnostic, but now that i come to think about it, that
wouldn't make much sense :P

Then, let's fill in that gap in batman-adv wiki, and if things start
dealing with other routing protocols than batman, we can put that
stuff in interop wiki

This is compatible with 3zl' proposal of using forum packages, since
AFAIU that's just a bigger framework where a wiki fits in. :)

@ 2012-04-28 20:57         ` 3zl Trizonelabs
From: 3zl Trizonelabs @ 2012-04-28 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

good to have some input !

i do agree on the poit to have relevant informations on the batman
wiki, but i don't feel a wiki is the right tool for interactive
collaboration.
It might be suitable more for nearly finished dokumentation.

Teamwork must have some "noise" which ist filtered out once "cooking"
is done and dinner is ready. ;-)

Meanwhile i have setup a testpage to show the organisation in my
personal approach to manage the "information" mess
once starting with batman-adv for the first time.

Anybody might have a look at http://joker.eu5.org/   which represents
ROUGHLY what i have in mind.
It's done with Mindmanager and exported to html so for me it's very
easy to reoganize the subjects whilst orking on it.

Whatever tool we agree to use, its fine for me; giving a chance
someone has time and have a look at Teamlab or similiar
pse send me a personal msg to hand the access code for playing around.

Let's find a way to organize the communication and start to gather the
scattered informations on one place or the other

regards
3zl

@ 2012-05-07 19:05           ` Guido Iribarren
From: Guido Iribarren @ 2012-05-07 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM, 3zl Trizonelabs
<trizonelabs@googlemail.com> wrote:
> good to have some input !
>
> i do agree on the poit to have relevant informations on the batman
> wiki, but i don't feel a wiki is the right tool for interactive
> collaboration.
> It might be suitable more for nearly finished dokumentation.
>
> Teamwork must have some "noise" which ist filtered out once "cooking"
> is done and dinner is ready. ;-)
I agree on that.. my proposal was a simple maillist for that, even
though i'm aware there are much more complete / complex solutions

> Anybody might have a look at http://joker.eu5.org/   which represents
> ROUGHLY what i have in mind.

At first glance I thought it was simply a static PNG mockup.
When I found out it was actually interactive, I gave it a couple of
clicks but got lost :(

> It's done with Mindmanager and exported to html so for me it's very
> easy to reoganize the subjects whilst orking on it.
>
> Whatever tool we agree to use, its fine for me; giving a chance
> someone has time and have a look at Teamlab or similiar
> pse send me a personal msg to hand the access code for playing around.
I must confess I never heard of Mindmanager or Teamlab, but it should
be noted that I only have access to an unmetered, broadband, stable
connection recently (months)
for the last couple of years, internet for me has implied ~1000ms
latency = no-keyboard-feedback ssh,  gmail through mobile app,... and
ajax = definitely *asynchronous*jax :P

> 2012/4/28 Guido Iribarren <guidoiribarren@buenosaireslibre.org>:
>> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Mitar <mitar@tnode.com> wrote:
>>> Hi!

>>> No need for that. Maybe just /wiki/Gudes/ or /wiki/Tutorials/?

Done,
http://www.open-mesh.org/wiki/batman-adv/Openwrt-config-examples

made a quick link at the end of
http://www.open-mesh.org/wiki/batman-adv/Quick-start-guide

Again, i'm still not sure if it's too openwrt-specific to be there, so
if i'm going offtopic just say so :)

Cheers!