* cgroup monitoring support tool
@ 2012-04-11 18:10 Udayan Bapat
From: Udayan Bapat @ 2012-04-11 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cgroups-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi all,

We are making some design choices based on the CPU % guarantees
provided by use of cgroups. I was wondering is a kernel patch or user
land tool exists to provide a meaningful representation of existing
CPU slices?

e.g. I have two cgroups in system with 1024 shares, I would expect
both of them running at 50% on an average. So I would like to know if
by running this 'utility' I get the list of cgroups in system with
their execution quantum in the last say 5 mins. I understand this
information can be extracted out from CPU accounting files from each
cgroup, but wanted to check if such patch/tool already exists before I
start writing one.

This will provide good debugging insight if a performance issues are
to be seen later.

Thanks in advance!

Udayan Bapat

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-04-11 18:10 UTC | newest]