* so how does PACKAGECONFIG_remove really work?
@ 2018-11-09 14:18 Aditya Tayade
From: Aditya Tayade @ 2018-11-09 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

Can any one please help me to understand PACKAGECONFIG_remove feature

Let's take an example of systemd recipe as follows:

PACKAGECONFIG ??= "vconsole"

PACKAGECONFIG[vconsole] = "-Dvconsole=true,-Dvconsole=false,,${PN}-vconsole-setup"

Now how should we disable features set in PACKAGECONFIG using PACKAGECONFIG_remove from it's bbappend file?

Regards,

Aditya Tayade

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the KPIT Technologies Ltd. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. KPIT Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

* Re: so how does PACKAGECONFIG_remove really work?
@ 2018-11-09 14:21 ` Aditya Tayade
From: Aditya Tayade @ 2018-11-09 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

Can any one please help me to understand PACKAGECONFIG_remove feature

Let's take an example of systemd recipe as follows:

PACKAGECONFIG ??= "vconsole"

PACKAGECONFIG[vconsole] = "-Dvconsole=true,-Dvconsole=false,,${PN}-vconsole-setup"

Now how should we disable features set in PACKAGECONFIG[vconsole] using PACKAGECONFIG_remove from it's bbappend file?

Regards,

Aditya Tayade

________________________________

@ 2018-11-09 14:40   ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-11-09 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 14:36, Aditya Tayade <Aditya.Tayade@kpit.com> wrote:
> Can any one please help me to understand PACKAGECONFIG_remove feature
>

> Let's take an example of systemd recipe as follows:
>
> PACKAGECONFIG ??= "vconsole"
>
> PACKAGECONFIG[vconsole] = "-Dvconsole=true,-Dvconsole=false,,${PN}-vconsole-setup"
>

> Now how should we disable features set in PACKAGECONFIG[vconsole] using PACKAGECONFIG_remove from it's bbappend file?

The _remove override removes a value from a variable. So this will
remove 'vconsole' from the value of PACKAGECONFIG:

PACKAGECONFIG_remove = "vconsole"

Ross

* Re: so how does PACKAGECONFIG_remove really work?
@ 2018-11-09 15:01     ` Uwe Geuder
From: Uwe Geuder @ 2018-11-09 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:41 PM Burton, Ross ross.burton-at-intel.com  wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 14:36, Aditya Tayade <Aditya.Tayade@kpit.com> wrote:
> > Can any one please help me to understand PACKAGECONFIG_remove feature
> >

> > Let's take an example of systemd recipe as follows:
> >
> > PACKAGECONFIG ??= "vconsole"
> >
> > PACKAGECONFIG[vconsole] = "-Dvconsole=true,-Dvconsole=false,,${PN}-vconsole-setup"
> >

> > Now how should we disable features set in PACKAGECONFIG[vconsole] using PACKAGECONFIG_remove from it's bbappend file?
>
> The _remove override removes a value from a variable. So this will
> remove 'vconsole' from the value of PACKAGECONFIG:
>
> PACKAGECONFIG_remove = "vconsole"

I also wondered quite a while in the past why such questions are not covered
by the Mega Manual.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5.1/mega-manual/mega-manual.html

Once I had been told that the mega manual contains "everything". As matter of
fact that is not true. Basic syntax for bitbake (recipes and conf files) is
documented only in a separate Bitbake User Manual.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5.1/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#removing-override-style-syntax

Regards,

Uwe Geuder
Neuro Event Labs Oy
Tampere, Finland
uwe.gexder@neuroeventlabs.com (Bot check: fix one obvious typo)

* Re: so how does PACKAGECONFIG_remove really work?
@ 2018-11-09 15:05     ` Aditya Tayade
From: Aditya Tayade @ 2018-11-09 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Ross.

Regards,