* TPM IRQ storm on Clevo PB50 (running v5.4.11)
@ 2020-01-13 21:25 Andrea Bernabei
From: Andrea Bernabei @ 2020-01-13 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-integrity

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a TPM related issue on my Clevo PB50RF laptop.
There are about 40k-45k new tpm0 interrupts happening every second,
according to /proc/interrupts.

That does not noticeably affect the performance of the system, however
it is preventing the CPU power management from working properly,
keeping one core (the one receiving the interrupts) always at state C0.

This might be (the same or) related to the issue already reported by a
Thinkpad T490s user.

I am currently running Linux v5.4.11 from
https://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v5.4.11/

The TPM device is a MSFT0101, part of PTT.

Is there anything I can do to help debugging the issue?

I have some (limited!) kernel development experience, so I will be happy to
contribute some time to debug or just test proposed fixes.

What is the current status?
Is there anything I could help with?

Regards,
Andrea

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-01-13 21:25 UTC | newest]