* Question about Gerrit push certificate indication
@ 2019-10-16 18:13 Josh Lehan
From: Josh Lehan @ 2019-10-16 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenBMC Maillist

Hi there! I have a question about Gerrit for OpenBMC.

In Gerrit, when I look at a change that I'm the owner of, under the "Owner"
line of the left sidebar, there's now an orange question mark circle. The
mouseover text reads "This patch set was created without a push
certificate".

This started to happen over the last few days. Is this of any concern, or
not? Nothing is wrong with any change I've seen so far, everything still
seems to be working for me.

Thanks!
Josh

Josh Lehan | Software Engineer | krellan@google.com | +1 650-733-8941

* Re: Question about Gerrit push certificate indication
@ 2019-10-18  2:17 ` Lei YU
From: Lei YU @ 2019-10-18  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Josh Lehan, Andrew Geissler; +Cc: OpenBMC Maillist

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 2:17 AM Josh Lehan <krellan@google.com> wrote:

> Hi there! I have a question about Gerrit for OpenBMC.
>
> In Gerrit, when I look at a change that I'm the owner of, under the "Owner" line of the left sidebar, there's now an orange question mark circle. The mouseover text reads "This patch set was created without a push certificate".

I have the same question.
I am no gerrit expert, but it looks like it's related to we are not
using signed push.

I tried to sign my commit and push to gerrit with --signed, but it says:

 fatal: the receiving end does not support --signed push

So it looks like the OpenBMC gerrit does not enable signed push:
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-gerrit.html#receive.enableSignedPush

@Andrew Geissler Maybe let's enable this option so we could sign and
push a commit?

* Re: Question about Gerrit push certificate indication
@ 2019-10-18 13:55   ` Andrew Geissler
From: Andrew Geissler @ 2019-10-18 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lei YU; +Cc: Josh Lehan, OpenBMC Maillist

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 9:17 PM Lei YU <mine260309@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 2:17 AM Josh Lehan <krellan@google.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi there! I have a question about Gerrit for OpenBMC.
> >
> > In Gerrit, when I look at a change that I'm the owner of, under the "Owner" line of the left sidebar, there's now an orange question mark circle. The mouseover text reads "This patch set was created without a push certificate".
>
> I have the same question.
> I am no gerrit expert, but it looks like it's related to we are not
> using signed push.
>
> I tried to sign my commit and push to gerrit with --signed, but it says:
>
>  fatal: the receiving end does not support --signed push
>
> So it looks like the OpenBMC gerrit does not enable signed push:
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-gerrit.html#receive.enableSignedPush
>
> @Andrew Geissler Maybe let's enable this option so we could sign and
> push a commit?

Sure, I'll add this to the TODO list on my next gerrit maintenance window.