From: Greg Gallagher <greg@embeddedgreg.com>
To: "Xenomai@xenomai.org" <xenomai@xenomai.org>
Subject: Re: [Xenomai] [RFC] RTnet, Analogy and the elephant in the room
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:17:11 -0500	[thread overview]

    I really like the idea of having some TODO files, this would given new
comers to the project a place to start.
Improving the documentation and adding a quick start guide might help get
more people interested in using
Xenomai.  With more users hopefully that would lead to more contributors
and not just more feature requests.

    To increase the presence of Xenomai would it make sense to have some
people focus on drivers and
maintenance for some popular community boards?  I personally focus on the
Xilinx Zynq platform,
but it might be useful to have people build and test images for  raspberry
pi boards, beaglebones and other
popular maker boards for every stable release of Xenomai.  I've posted my
steps on how to build Xenomai
for Zynq and will start to build and maintain pre-built binaries for Zynq
and run tests for the boards I have access to.
I find a lot of people that give me feedback on the Xenomai on Zynq seem to
just want to get started quickly
and go.  This really only addresses increasing Xenomai presence and would
increase the total work which
might not be what's desired right now.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net