* Raw ATSC Stream Capture
@ 2015-12-21 18:28 Thomás Inskip
From: Thomás Inskip @ 2015-12-21 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi.

I do not know whether this is the appropriate forum for my question,
but as I cannot find a more suitable one, here it goes:

I have successfully built and installed the drivers using the
media_build distribution, as I have a slightly older kernel.  The
driver modules are loading correctly, and I'm able to w_scan and play
back live terrestrial ATSC TV using VLC.  However, what I really need
for my project is access to the raw ATSC MPEG2-TS, Ideally being able
to just read it from a device node.  I have tried various incantations
of v4l2-ctl without success, and have not been able to find any help
on how to do this online.  Could someone please send me some info on
how to do this, or at least point me in the right direction?

Oh, I'm using a Hauppauge HDR-955Q tuner.

Thanks!

* Re: Raw ATSC Stream Capture
@ 2015-12-21 18:31 ` Steven Toth
From: Steven Toth @ 2015-12-21 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> on how to do this online.  Could someone please send me some info on
> how to do this, or at least point me in the right direction?
>
> Oh, I'm using a Hauppauge HDR-955Q tuner.

v4l2-ctl isn't used for ATSC transmissions, its generally used for
analog TV only.

Take a look at the 'azap' and 'dvbtraffic' tools. These are what you need.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com

* Re: Raw ATSC Stream Capture
@ 2015-12-21 22:16   ` Thomás Inskip
From: Thomás Inskip @ 2015-12-21 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you.  scan + azap did exactly what I needed.