* patchtest licensing
@ 2020-01-16 20:07 Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2020-01-16 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list, Richard Purdie, openembedded-core

Hey folks,

I've started looking through patchtest & patchtest-oe in detail and
spotted that all the scripts, support code and test cases are licensed
under GPLv2. Is that ok given that we plan to copy this into
openembedded-core (probably under meta/lib/oeqa)? Is there any
practical effect of this not being MIT licensed?

Thanks,
Paul

* Re: patchtest licensing
@ 2020-01-16 22:00 ` Richard Purdie
From: Richard Purdie @ 2020-01-16 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Barker, Yocto discussion list, openembedded-core

On Thu, 2020-01-16 at 20:07 +0000, Paul Barker wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I've started looking through patchtest & patchtest-oe in detail and
> spotted that all the scripts, support code and test cases are
> licensed
> under GPLv2. Is that ok given that we plan to copy this into
> openembedded-core (probably under meta/lib/oeqa)? Is there any
> practical effect of this not being MIT licensed?

We have a mix of MIT and GPL licensing already. As long as the scripts
have a clear SPDX license identifier, I think we're fine. If not, we
should add that in the existing repo before the move.

Cheers,

Richard

* Re: patchtest licensing
@ 2020-01-16 22:08     ` Paul Barker
From: Paul Barker @ 2020-01-16 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Purdie; +Cc: Yocto discussion list, openembedded-core

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 22:00, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2020-01-16 at 20:07 +0000, Paul Barker wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I've started looking through patchtest & patchtest-oe in detail and
> > spotted that all the scripts, support code and test cases are
> > licensed
> > under GPLv2. Is that ok given that we plan to copy this into
> > openembedded-core (probably under meta/lib/oeqa)? Is there any
> > practical effect of this not being MIT licensed?
>
> We have a mix of MIT and GPL licensing already. As long as the scripts
> have a clear SPDX license identifier, I think we're fine. If not, we
> should add that in the existing repo before the move.

Ok cool. Converting the license headers to SPDX is already on my list.

Thanks,
Paul

* Re: patchtest licensing
@ 2020-01-16 22:08     ` Paul Barker