* Potential Yocto Project developer day at ELC
@ 2015-01-13 22:07 Jeff Osier-Mixon
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2015-01-13 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto Project

Hi all - we are assessing the viability of hosting a developer day at ELC
in march in San Jose. This day would offer hands on Yocto Project training,
advanced presentations, and one on one contact with YP developers. The cost
would be about $200. The most recent dev day trained over 120 people in
Duesseldorf at ELCE last fall.

Please respond if you are interested in an event like this. We need a
certain minimum number of interested folks before we can justify the
expense.

Thanks

* Re: Potential Yocto Project developer day at ELC
@ 2015-01-13 22:58 ` Philip Tricca
From: Philip Tricca @ 2015-01-13 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Osier-Mixon; +Cc: Yocto Project

Hi Jeff,

On 01/13/2015 05:07 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon wrote:
> Hi all - we are assessing the viability of hosting a developer day at ELC
> in march in San Jose. This day would offer hands on Yocto Project training,
> advanced presentations, and one on one contact with YP developers. The cost
> would be about $200. The most recent dev day trained over 120 people in
> Duesseldorf at ELCE last fall.
>
> Please respond if you are interested in an event like this. We need a
> certain minimum number of interested folks before we can justify the
> expense.

We'd also have to be attendees of the ELC conference I assume?

Thanks,
Philip

* Re: Potential Yocto Project developer day at ELC
@ 2015-01-13 23:16   ` Rudolf Streif
From: Rudolf Streif @ 2015-01-13 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Tricca; +Cc: Yocto Project

Hi Jefro,

I'd be happy to support it if I can.

Cheers,
Rudi

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Philip Tricca <flihp@twobit.us> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> On 01/13/2015 05:07 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon wrote:
> > Hi all - we are assessing the viability of hosting a developer day at ELC
> > in march in San Jose. This day would offer hands on Yocto Project
> training,
> > advanced presentations, and one on one contact with YP developers. The
> cost
> > would be about $200. The most recent dev day trained over 120 people in
> > Duesseldorf at ELCE last fall.
> >
> > Please respond if you are interested in an event like this. We need a
> > certain minimum number of interested folks before we can justify the
> > expense.
>
> We'd also have to be attendees of the ELC conference I assume?
>
> Thanks,
> Philip

*Rudolf J. Streif*

* Re: Potential Yocto Project developer day at ELC
@ 2015-01-13 23:18     ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2015-01-13 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudolf Streif; +Cc: Yocto Project

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015, Rudolf Streif wrote:

> Hi Jefro,
> I'd be happy to support it if I can.

  if i can make it, i'd be glad to help.

rday

* Re: Potential Yocto Project developer day at ELC
@ 2015-01-13 23:34 ` Andrei Gherzan
From: Andrei Gherzan @ 2015-01-13 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Osier-Mixon; +Cc: Yocto Project

I can help too. I'm planning of attending the conference.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:07 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon <jefro@jefro.net> wrote:

> Hi all - we are assessing the viability of hosting a developer day at ELC
> in march in San Jose. This day would offer hands on Yocto Project training,
> advanced presentations, and one on one contact with YP developers. The cost
> would be about $200. The most recent dev day trained over 120 people in
> Duesseldorf at ELCE last fall.
>
> Please respond if you are interested in an event like this. We need a
> certain minimum number of interested folks before we can justify the
> expense.
>
> Thanks

*Andrei Gherzan*

* Re: Potential Yocto Project developer day at ELC
@ 2015-01-13 23:51 ` Chris Hallinan
From: Chris Hallinan @ 2015-01-13 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Osier-Mixon; +Cc: Yocto Project

I'd be willing to help out.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 5:07 PM, Jeff Osier-Mixon <jefro@jefro.net> wrote:

> Hi all - we are assessing the viability of hosting a developer day at ELC
> in march in San Jose. This day would offer hands on Yocto Project training,
> advanced presentations, and one on one contact with YP developers. The cost
> would be about $200. The most recent dev day trained over 120 people in
> Duesseldorf at ELCE last fall.
>
> Please respond if you are interested in an event like this. We need a
> certain minimum number of interested folks before we can justify the
> expense.
>
> Thanks

Life is like Linux - it never stands still.

* Re: Potential Yocto Project developer day at ELC
@ 2015-01-14  0:30   ` Jeff Osier-Mixon
From: Jeff Osier-Mixon @ 2015-01-14  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Tricca; +Cc: Yocto Project