* Building a dhcp recipe separately for dhcrelay and dhclient #yocto
@ 2022-11-29 18:07 Vaijayanthi
From: Vaijayanthi @ 2022-11-29 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

We have custom patches for building dhcrelay and dhclient. How do we use the dhcp source files and build separately for dhcrelay and dhclient? Should we create a new recipe for dhcrelay and dhclient? How do we then consume the files from poky/recipes-connectivity/dhcp?

* Re: [yocto] Building a dhcp recipe separately for dhcrelay and dhclient #yocto
@ 2022-11-30  1:47 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2022-11-30  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vaijayanthi; +Cc: yocto

On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 10:07 AM Vaijayanthi via
lists.yoctoproject.org
<vaijayanthi=silver-peak.com@lists.yoctoproject.org> wrote:

> We have custom patches for building dhcrelay and dhclient. How do we use the dhcp source files and build separately for dhcrelay and dhclient? Should we create a new recipe for dhcrelay and dhclient? How do we then consume the files from poky/recipes-connectivity/dhcp?

what are benefits of having separate recipes for them? I would say
creating separate output packages should be effective enough for
granularity.

* Re: Building a dhcp recipe separately for dhcrelay and dhclient #yocto
@ 2022-12-06 22:21   ` Vaijayanthi
From: Vaijayanthi @ 2022-12-06 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto