* [SPDK] [Release] 21.07: Kernel DSA, Init lib, Userspace DTrace
@ 2021-07-30 16:49 Zawadzki, Tomasz
From: Zawadzki, Tomasz @ 2021-07-30 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: spdk

On behalf of the SPDK community I'm pleased to announce the release of SPDK 21.07!

This release contains the following new features:

- Kernel DSA: Added support in IDXD library for the kernel DSA driver.
- Init library: Added Init library that initializes the SPDK subsystems.
- Userspace DTrace: Added support running bpftrace scripts against SPDK applications. See https://spdk.io/doc/usdt.html.
- zipf utility: Added zipf random number generator with power law probability distribution. When used with bdevperf and nvme perf tools - blocks over the full range of LBAs will be used, but will more frequently select lower-numbered LBAs.

The full changelog for this release is available at:
https://github.com/spdk/spdk/releases/tag/v21.07

This release contains 711 commits from 56 authors with over 35k lines of code changed.

We'd especially like to recognize all of our first time contributors:

	Curt Bruns
	Jakub Wyka
	John Levon
	Jonathan Teh
	Matt Dumm
	Matthew Burbridge
	Rajarshi Chowdhury
	Scott Peterson
	Swapnil Ingle
	Tyler Sun
	Wu Mengjin
	Yuri Kirichok

Thanks to everyone for your contributions, participation, and effort!

Thanks,
Tomek

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-07-30 16:49 UTC | newest]