* Re: meta-fsl-ivi installation
@ 2013-10-28  8:39 Krishna
From: Krishna @ 2013-10-28  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Anyone tried with IVI layer added image/foton image?
For me on display nothing is coming and debug logs also stopping after  "turn off boot console ttymxc3".
I have enabled X11 to solve build errors.

Thanks in advance

From: Adrian Alonso @ 2013-10-30  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Krishna,

As the instructions from the README file

You need to set

DISTRO ?= "fsl-ivi-vfb"

This overrides any dependency on X11 and uses MXGAL as graphic backend

The MXGAL graphics backend for the Genivi LayerManager enables the
composition tasks of LayerManager to be accelerated using the 2D
raster GPU present on the Freescale i.MX6 processors.

And as per meta-ivi instructions

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-ivi/tree/README.md?h=5.0

you should be using poky instead of oe-core + meta-openembedded as can
lead to "bb" recipes integration issues

as you are experiencing.

Regards

Adrian

Saludos
Adrian Alonso
http://aalonso.wordpress.com

* Re: meta-fsl-ivi installation
@ 2013-10-30  5:46   ` Krishna
From: Krishna @ 2013-10-30  5:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Alonso; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Adrian,

I have followed the instructions in the read me file.

But the problem I faced is I was getting build error as libXfont not found which error will go only after adding X11 in DISTRO features. Is that my mistake?

@ 2013-10-30 18:43     ` Adrian Alonso
From: Adrian Alonso @ 2013-10-30 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi Krishna,

This is my build configuration

BB_VERSION        = "1.20.0"
BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING   = "Ubuntu-13.10"
TARGET_SYS        = "arm-oe-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE           = "imx6qsabreauto"
DISTRO            = "fsl-ivi-vfb"
DISTRO_VERSION    = "0.0.1"
TUNE_FEATURES     = "armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"
TARGET_FPU        = "vfp-neon"
meta
meta-yocto        = "dora:faf8f8660fae26a14578738b642fdeb08bcb9d54"
meta-ivi          = "5.0:85bb8821f5db024a67270b5e32220ca9efb48ff9"
meta-fsl-arm      = "dora:520339d3266bfd07bb2e593f70489efe4d98baa2"
meta-fsl-ivi      = "5.0:2d25d142e45d0faa8912eba2a81161b9be0cad48"

My bblayer configuration looks like:

BBLAYERS ?= " \
  /home/aalonso/workspace/fsl/poky/meta \
  /home/aalonso/workspace/fsl/poky/meta-yocto \
  /home/aalonso/workspace/fsl/poky/meta-ivi \
  /home/aalonso/workspace/fsl/poky/meta-fsl-arm \
  /home/aalonso/workspace/fsl/poky/meta-fsl-ivi \
  "

And I'm building the gemini-image

bitbake gemini-image

Your issue seems that you are mixing layers that are compatible with
meta-ivi

Looks that the rigth thing to do is to create a similar repo like
https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform
so any one can recrate the project components needed a easily replicate the
setup

Regards
Adrian

--
Saludos
Adrian Alonso

* Re: meta-fsl-ivi installation
@ 2013-10-31  5:17       ` Krishna
From: Krishna @ 2013-10-31  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Alonso; +Cc: meta-freescale

My configuration also same & I am building foton-image

bitbake foton-image.

I have followed instruction as per the following link.
https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-ivi

Regards,
Krishna

@ 2013-10-31  6:32         ` Adrian Alonso
From: Adrian Alonso @ 2013-10-31  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: meta-freescale

Use the just updated instructions
https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-ivi/tree/5.0

For poky use "dora" branch
For meta-fsl-arm use "dora" branch
For meta-ivi use "5.0" branch
For meta-fsl-ivi use "5.0" branch

And build

bitbake gemini-image

Regards

--
Saludos
Adrian Alonso

* Re: meta-fsl-ivi installation
@ 2013-11-07  6:35           ` Krishna
From: Krishna @ 2013-11-07  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Alonso; +Cc: meta-freescale

Thanks for the info.
Is this will work for Sabre SDP board also?

Regards,

From: Adrian Alonso @ 2013-11-07 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: meta-freescale

Yes, just change the machine field.

Regards

--
Saludos
Adrian Alonso

* Re: meta-fsl-ivi installation
@ 2013-10-25 10:33   ` Krishna

@ 2013-10-25 10:26   ` Krishna

@ 2013-10-24 11:07 ` Erik Botö
From: Erik Botö @ 2013-10-24 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: meta-freescale

@ 2013-10-24 10:08 ` Krishna
From: Krishna @ 2013-10-24 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Botö; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hi,

If I add X11 to DISTRO_FEATURES in fsl-ivi-vfb.conf , that error is going.
But There is comment that "Override default DISTRO features to remove X11".
So whether we need to add X11 or not?

Regards,
Krishna

libXfont1.5.bb is present in poky/meta/recipre_graphics/xorg-lib.
But Still getting error.

What I am missing?

Where Exactly this libXfont should be there?

@ 2013-10-24  9:37 Krishna
From: Krishna @ 2013-10-24  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Botö; +Cc: meta-freescale

@ 2013-10-24  6:40         ` Krishna

@ 2013-10-24  6:07               ` Krishna
From: Krishna @ 2013-10-24  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alonso Lazcano Adrian-B38018, Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

I am using  following
meta-fsl-ivi  master(i.e. 5.0 branch only).
meta-ivi 4.0.2
meta-fsl-arm (dylan branch)
poky  (dylan branch)

I am able to build fsl-image-gui also. Now I am adding IVI layer to same setup.

But I am geting following error:

Nothing PROVIDES: foton image

I guess I need to use meta-ivi-4.0.2 only(not 5.0 as I will get many no recipes available error related to dbus and other).

Regards,
Krishna
From: Alonso Lazcano Adrian-B38018 @ 2013-10-23 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Otavio Salvador; +Cc: meta-freescale

@ 2013-10-23 15:31           ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2013-10-23 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alonso Lazcano Adrian-B38018; +Cc: meta-freescale

@ 2013-10-23 14:54         ` Alonso Lazcano Adrian-B38018

From: Erik Botö @ 2013-10-23 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: meta-freescale

@ 2013-10-23 12:44     ` Krishna

From: Krishna @ 2013-10-23 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Botö; +Cc: meta-freescale

@ 2013-10-23 11:47 ` Erik Botö
From: Erik Botö @ 2013-10-23 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: meta-freescale

@ 2013-10-23 11:44 Krishna
From: Krishna @ 2013-10-23 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

When I give  “bitbake foton-image” First it will throw below  error
ERROR:
No recipes available for  meta-fsl-ivi-master\recipes-graphics\layer-management\layer-management_1.0.bbappend

If I remove that file from the build, Then it gives following error

meta-fsl-ivi = <unknown><unknwon>
Error: Nothing PROVIDES ‘foton-image’

What is the issue?

Have anyone tried?

Thanks in advance

From: Erik Botö @ 2013-10-23 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Erik Botö <erik.boto@pelagicore.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Krishna <krishnaks@iwavesystems.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I followed the procedure in the below link.
>> I am getting following error
>>
>> No recipes available for
>> meta-fsl-ivi-master\recipes-graphics\layer-management\layer-management_1.0.bbappend
>>
>> Is this branch is obsolete?
>
> I tried checking out 5e8e209c666f5c596728c4589aaca964208cf5fb from
> meta-ivi as suggested in the README of meta-fsl-ivi, and I do see a
> layer-management_1.0.bb there so it should exist. Have you check out
> the right commit of meta-ivi?

And if you have checkout the right commit (and have a
meta-ivi/recipes-graphics/layer-management/layer-management_1.0.bb)
but it still can't find the file, make sure you have added the
meta-ivi layer in conf/bblayers.conf.

Cheers,
Erik

> Cheers,
> Erik
>

>> Regards

Erik Botö
Senior Software Engineer
Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)76 881 72 03
E-Mail: erik.boto@pelagicore.com

* Re: meta-fsl-ivi installation
@ 2013-10-23 11:37       ` Erik Botö
From: Erik Botö @ 2013-10-23 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna; +Cc: meta-freescale

@ 2013-10-23 11:36       ` Otavio Salvador
From: Otavio Salvador @ 2013-10-23 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishna, Adrian Alonso; +Cc: meta-freescale

Hello Krishna,

I am adding Adrian who worked in this layer in Cc.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Krishna <krishnaks@iwavesystems.com> wrote:
> I followed the procedure in the below link.
> I am getting following error
>
> No recipes available for
> meta-fsl-ivi-master\recipes-graphics\layer-management\layer-management_1.0.bbappend
>
> Is this branch is obsolete?

Adrian?

* Re: meta-fsl-ivi installation
@ 2013-10-23 10:07     ` Krishna

Hi am able to build yocto image(fsl-image-gui). Now I need to add IVI layer to that.
I hope I need to proceed as per following link
https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-ivi

But installation procedure is not clear to me.
Can anyone throw more light on this?

Thanks in advance

* meta-fsl-ivi installation
@ 2013-10-23  8:41   ` Krishna