* Xen on RCarH3 Starter Kit
@ 2018-01-16  6:52 Ganesh  H
From: Ganesh  H @ 2018-01-16  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel, embedded-pv-devel

Does Xen support RCarH3 Starter Kit -  https://elinux.org/R-Car/Boards/H3SK

I followed the build procedures explained in this link for Salvator X - https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Salvator-X

But the Yocto build instructions given in the link is for RcarH3 Starter kit.So I am unable to find Image-r8a7795-salvator-x-xen.dtb and xen-salvator-x.uImage which is mentioned in the tutorial.
Can anyone explain what can be the issue and the fix for it. Does the Xen dtb and uImage for salvator will work on RCarH3 starter kit.

Best Regards
Ganesh.H

* Re: [Embedded-pv-devel] Xen on RCarH3 Starter Kit
@ 2018-01-16 13:51 ` Andrii Anisov
From: Andrii Anisov @ 2018-01-16 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ganesh H; +Cc: xen-devel, embedded-pv-devel

Dear Ganesh,

Could you please specify your exact target board? Is it salvator-x or
starter kit premier (h3ulcb)?
Actually Renesas BSP 2.19.0 is easily being built for salvator-x. In
step 8 you should select an appropriate conf from
`meta-rcar-gen3/docs/sample/conf/salvator-x/`.

> But the Yocto build instructions given in the link is for RcarH3 Starter
> kit.So I am unable to find Image-r8a7795-salvator-x-xen.dtb
You would not find it if you build for u3ulcb machine, this is
restricted in the recipe [1].

> and xen-salvator-x.uImage which is mentioned in the tutorial.
I guess in your build it is named xen-h3ulcb.uImage, it is set in
another recipe [2].

> Does the Xen dtb and uImage for salvator will work on RCarH3 starter kit.
Xen image is machine agnostic. Salvator-X specific dtb is not suitable
for h3ulcb.

> Can anyone explain what can be the issue and the fix for it.
Add a h3ulcb device tree to [3], update recipe [2].
Do not forget to PR the stuff to our meta-demo.

[1] - https://github.com/xen-troops/meta-demo/blob/master/meta-rcar-gen3-xen/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-renesas_4.9.bbappend#L13

[2] - https://github.com/xen-troops/meta-demo/blob/master/meta-rcar-gen3-xen/recipes-extended/xen/xen_git.bbappend#L17

[3] - https://github.com/xen-troops/meta-demo/tree/master/meta-rcar-gen3-xen/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-renesas

Sincerely,
Andrii Anisov.

@ 2018-01-17 13:33   ` Ganesh  H
From: Ganesh  H @ 2018-01-17 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrii Anisov; +Cc: xen-devel, embedded-pv-devel

Dear Andrii,

Sorry for the confusion. I am having an RCarH3 starter kit. Is there a Xen port available for RCarH3 starter kit right now?
If not what are the steps to create one?

Best Regards
Ganesh.H

@ 2018-01-17 15:18     ` Andrii Anisov
From: Andrii Anisov @ 2018-01-17 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ganesh H, Andrii Anisov; +Cc: xen-devel, embedded-pv-devel

Hello Ganesh

On 17.01.18 15:33, Ganesh H wrote:
> Dear Andrii,
>
> Sorry for the confusion. I am having an RCarH3 starter kit. Is there a Xen port available for RCarH3 starter kit right now?
We did not run XEN on h3ulcb. But it can be done with minimal efforts IMHO.

> If not what are the steps to create one?

Steps should be as easy as I've already listed :

--

*Andrii Anisov*