* [GIT]: IDE fixes
@ 2009-06-22  9:42 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-06-22  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: akpm, linux-ide, linux-kernel

1) Update MAINTAINERS

2) Initial cmd64x regression fix, there are more funnies but
   we'll track it down.

Please pull, thanks!

The following changes since commit f234012f52a37e48f2330e1ca2df69800e797c3b:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge branch 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/.../drzeus/mmc

are available in the git repository at:

  master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/ide-2.6.git master

David S. Miller (2):
      ide: Take over as maintainer.
      ide cmd64x: Remove serialize setting.

 MAINTAINERS          |    6 +++---
 drivers/ide/cmd64x.c |    3 +--

* Re: [GIT]: IDE fixes
@ 2009-06-22 17:40 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2009-06-22 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz

I really don't want to take this. I think you and Bartlomiej should spend
a _lot_ more time and effort trying to resolve this. Me taking it just
closes the doors for trying to be constructive about issues.

		Linus

* Re: [GIT]: IDE fixes
@ 2009-06-22 21:20   ` Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz @ 2009-06-22 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds

On Monday 22 June 2009 19:40:22 Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I really don't want to take this. I think you and Bartlomiej should spend
> a _lot_ more time and effort trying to resolve this. Me taking it just
> closes the doors for trying to be constructive about issues.

While this change may come as a surprise to many people I really think
that it moves things forward and that David is the right person to take
over.

I consider his handling of other trees to be top notch and by not being
IDE/libata person he has the needed objectiveness w.r.t. to the current
state of affairs in the both subsystems.

Moreover since David happens to be affiliated with the same company that
stands behind libata he will be more than careful to handle things on
the technical basis with taking interest of all users as a top priority.

I'm still around (same goes for all other major IDE people, though Sergei
seems to be on vacation at the moment ;) and I have already declared
the willingness to help in making the change as painless as possible for
all parties involved.

* Re: [GIT]: IDE fixes
@ 2009-06-22 21:57   ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-06-22 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: bzolnier, akpm, linux-ide, linux-kernel

From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:40:22 -0700 (PDT)

> I really don't want to take this. I think you and Bartlomiej should spend
> a _lot_ more time and effort trying to resolve this. Me taking it just
> closes the doors for trying to be constructive about issues.

Bart said he's happy with this change of maintainership as it
will allow him to work on IDE things that he simply had not time
for due to the time spent with maintainership duties.

Sky isn't falling, don't worry.

* Re: [GIT]: IDE fixes
@ 2009-06-22 22:03       ` David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-06-22 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bzolnier; +Cc: torvalds, akpm, linux-ide, linux-kernel

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <bzolnier@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 00:06:30 +0200

> On Monday 22 June 2009 23:57:34 David Miller wrote:
>> From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
>> Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:40:22 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>> > I really don't want to take this. I think you and Bartlomiej should spend
>> > a _lot_ more time and effort trying to resolve this. Me taking it just
>> > closes the doors for trying to be constructive about issues.
>>
>> Bart said he's happy with this change of maintainership as it
>> will allow him to work on IDE things that he simply had not time
>> for due to the time spent with maintainership duties.
>
> Small correction:
>
> I said it will allow me to work on _other_ things..

True :)

* Re: [GIT]: IDE fixes
@ 2009-06-22 22:06     ` Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz @ 2009-06-22 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Miller; +Cc: torvalds, akpm, linux-ide, linux-kernel

On Monday 22 June 2009 23:57:34 David Miller wrote:
> From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
> Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:40:22 -0700 (PDT)
>
> > I really don't want to take this. I think you and Bartlomiej should spend
> > a _lot_ more time and effort trying to resolve this. Me taking it just
> > closes the doors for trying to be constructive about issues.
>
> Bart said he's happy with this change of maintainership as it
> will allow him to work on IDE things that he simply had not time
> for due to the time spent with maintainership duties.

Small correction:

I said it will allow me to work on _other_ things..

> Sky isn't falling, don't worry.

Agreed.

* [GIT]: IDE fixes
@ 2009-06-30  2:54 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-06-30  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: akpm, linux-ide, linux-kernel

1) Sizing of temp ID buffer allocated is insufficient for
   HDIO_OBSOLETE_IDENTITY ioctl.  Fix from Christian Engelmayer.

2) ide-floppy and ide-tape uses esoteric IDE custom command completion
   routine which does horrible things such as partial command
   completions on errors, and even forgets to signal error codes at all
   in some cases.  Stop using this turd and use the generic block
   layer requst completion interfaces to fix these bugs.  Fix from
   Bart.

3) With IDEACPI sometimes resume breaks, fix by adding helper function
   to check all the necessary cases.  Fix from Bart.

4) Handle properly devices which clear DRQ during the last word of
   a packet (these actually exist).  This also pointed out an error
   in ATA_ERR bit handling, also fixed here.  Fix from Borislav Petkov.

Please pull, thanks a lot!

The following changes since commit 52989765629e7d182b4f146050ebba0abf2cb0b7:
  Linus Torvalds (1):
        Merge git://git.kernel.org/.../davem/net-2.6

are available in the git repository at:

  master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/ide-2.6.git master

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (3):
      ide: fix ide_kill_rq() for special ide-{floppy,tape} driver requests
      ide: always kill the whole request on error
      ide: fix resume for CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEACPI=y

Borislav Petkov (1):
      ide-cd: handle fragmented packet commands gracefully

Christian Engelmayer (1):
      ide: memory overrun in ide_get_identity_ioctl() on big endian machines using ioctl HDIO_OBSOLETE_IDENTITY

 drivers/ide/ide-acpi.c    |   37 +++++++------------------------------
 drivers/ide/ide-cd.c      |   14 ++++++++++++--
 drivers/ide/ide-devsets.c |    2 +-
 drivers/ide/ide-eh.c      |    2 +-
 drivers/ide/ide-floppy.c  |    2 +-
 drivers/ide/ide-io.c      |   14 ++------------
 drivers/ide/ide-ioctls.c  |    3 ++-
 drivers/ide/ide-pm.c      |   30 ++++++++++++++++++------------
 include/linux/ide.h       |    3 ++-

* [GIT]: IDE fixes
@ 2009-06-25 10:03 David Miller
From: David Miller @ 2009-06-25 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: torvalds; +Cc: akpm, linux-ide, linux-kernel

1) Fix regressions wrt. unexpected IRQs during early device
   probe and startup.  From Bart.

2) Because the ID block bits were busted at the time of the
   call, until that was fixed the DMA info validity checker
   was always checking garbage.  Usually zeros.

   Now that it isn't checking garbage, it's triggering for
   all kinds of devices.  Those devices always functioned
   properly so the warning checks are just noise.

   So we simply remove them.  Fix from Bart.

3) cs5520's second port IRQ wasn't being setup properly.  With
   help from Bart and Alan Cox.

4) ide-cd had some warnings added when the CDROM advertises a
   strange block size.  But this check is overzealous, and since
   the code does correct the value it's only valuable to print
   this warning once instead of spamming your kernel log file
   every time your some daemon checks the CDROM for a present
   disc.

   From Frans Pop and your's truly.

5) Quantum fireball with APL.090 firmware needs ivb_list[] cable
   detection workaround.  From Bart.

6) Power management handling of requests isn't air tight.  Fix
   from Bart.

Please pull, thanks!

The following changes since commit 4e8a2372f9255a1464ef488ed925455f53fbdaa1:
  Mikael Pettersson (1):
        nvidiafb: fix boot-time printk string

are available in the git repository at:

  master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/ide-2.6.git master

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (4):
      ide: fix handling of unexpected IRQs vs request_irq()
      ide: relax DMA info validity checking
      ide: add QUANTUM FIREBALLct20 30 with firmware APL.090 to ivb_list[]
      ide: improve handling of Power Management requests

David S. Miller (2):
      ide-cd: Don't warn on bogus block size unless it actually matters.
      ide cs5520: Initialize second port's interrupt number.

Frans Pop (1):
      ide-cd: Improve "weird block size" error message

 drivers/ide/cs5520.c    |    1 +
 drivers/ide/ide-cd.c    |   10 +++++---
 drivers/ide/ide-dma.c   |   21 ------------------
 drivers/ide/ide-iops.c  |    4 +--
 drivers/ide/ide-probe.c |   23 +++++++++++++++++--
 include/linux/ide.h     |    2 -