* Re: Halt problem
@ 2018-01-16  7:48 Alan Levy
From: Alan Levy @ 2018-01-16  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Shutdown is supposed to terminate all processes/threads so it's probably not about the watchdog daemon. It sounds more like the classic distro was disabling the hardware watchdog during shutdown and your new distro doesn't do that. Try comparing the kernel watchdog drivers in the two distros because that's the most likely culprit.

===
ALAN LEVY, Lead Consultant, Embedded Systems

Plextek Consulting, The Plextek Building, London Road, Great Chesterford, Saffron Walden, CB10 1NY, UK
T: +44 (0) 1799 533200    E: alan.levy@plextek.com  W: www.plextek.com

From: Ryan Meulenkamp @ 2018-01-16  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Levy; +Cc: yocto

Hi Alan,

On 01/16/2018 08:48 AM, Alan Levy wrote:
> Shutdown is supposed to terminate all processes/threads so it's probably not about the watchdog daemon. It sounds more like the classic distro was disabling the hardware watchdog during shutdown and your new distro doesn't do that. Try comparing the kernel watchdog drivers in the two distros because that's the most likely culprit.

I tried that, but I think the hardware watchdog can only be enabled on
the at91sam9m10. I'll compare the drivers anyway.

Thanks, and with kind regards,

Ryan Meulenkamp

* Re: Halt problem
@ 2018-01-23 23:03   ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2018-01-23 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

On 1/16/18 2:46 AM, Ryan Meulenkamp wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> On 01/16/2018 08:48 AM, Alan Levy wrote:
>> Shutdown is supposed to terminate all processes/threads so it's
>> probably not about the watchdog daemon. It sounds more like the
>> classic distro was disabling the hardware watchdog during shutdown and
>> your new distro doesn't do that. Try comparing the kernel watchdog
>> drivers in the two distros because that's the most likely culprit.
>
> I tried that, but I think the hardware watchdog can only be enabled on
> the at91sam9m10. I'll compare the drivers anyway.

are you upgrading kernel as well as part of this ? if yes then which
version and see how it handles watchdog. Secondly, perhaps record the
shutdown sequence. that might give you more insights.

> Thanks, and with kind regards,
>
> Ryan Meulenkamp

* Halt problem
@ 2018-01-15 15:39 Ryan Meulenkamp
From: Ryan Meulenkamp @ 2018-01-15 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi y'all,

I ran into a problem using shutdown -h (or halt) on an openembedded-core
(yocto) distro running on the Atmel at91sam9g45.

We used to run an openembedded-classic (angström) based OS with kernel

@ 2018-01-15 15:27 Ryan Meulenkamp