* PASS: Test report for kernel 4.20.15-rc1.cki+ (linux-stable-rc)
@ 2019-03-08 16:59 CKI
From: CKI @ 2019-03-08 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Stable maillist

Hello,

We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:

              Repo: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
            Commit: b80b02d1b165 Linux 4.20.15-rc1

The results of these automated tests are provided below.

    Overall result: PASSED
             Merge: OK
           Compile: OK
             Tests: OK

Please reply to this email if you have any questions about the tests that we
ran or if you have any suggestions on how to make future tests more effective.

        ,-.   ,-.
       ( C ) ( K )  Continuous
        `-',-.`-'   Kernel
          ( I )     Integration
           `-'

Compile
-------

We compiled the kernel for 3 architectures:

  powerpc64le:
    make options: make INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 -j64 targz-pkg -j64
    configuration: https://artifacts.cki-project.org/builds/ppc64le/b80b02d1b1651606ab4c202888512583ffcc6bf3.config

  aarch64:
    make options: make INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 -j64 targz-pkg -j64
    configuration: https://artifacts.cki-project.org/builds/aarch64/b80b02d1b1651606ab4c202888512583ffcc6bf3.config

  x86_64:
    make options: make INSTALL_MOD_STRIP=1 -j64 targz-pkg -j64
    configuration: https://artifacts.cki-project.org/builds/x86_64/b80b02d1b1651606ab4c202888512583ffcc6bf3.config

Tests
-----

We booted each kernel and ran the following tests:

  powerpc:
      PASSED:         Boot test

  arm64:
      PASSED:         Boot test

  x86_64:
      PASSED:         Boot test

* Re: PASS: Test report for kernel 4.20.15-rc1.cki+ (linux-stable-rc)
@ 2019-03-08 19:47 ` Guenter Roeck
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2019-03-08 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CKI; +Cc: Linux Stable maillist, Greg Kroah-Hartman

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 11:59:51AM -0500, CKI wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We ran automated tests on a recent commit from this kernel tree:
>
>               Repo: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable-rc.git
>             Commit: b80b02d1b165 Linux 4.20.15-rc1
>
> The results of these automated tests are provided below.
>
>     Overall result: PASSED
>              Merge: OK
>            Compile: OK
>              Tests: OK
>
> Please reply to this email if you have any questions about the tests that we
> ran or if you have any suggestions on how to make future tests more effective.

Good to see that there is more testing on stable release candidates.

Would it be possible to listen / respond to stable release candidate
announcements, by any chance ? That would make it more likely for
people to notice, especially if there are build / test errors.

Thanks,
Guenter

* Re: PASS: Test report for kernel 4.20.15-rc1.cki+ (linux-stable-rc)
@ 2019-03-08 20:08   ` Major Hayden
From: Major Hayden @ 2019-03-08 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck, CKI; +Cc: Linux Stable maillist, Greg Kroah-Hartman

* Re: PASS: Test report for kernel 4.20.15-rc1.cki+ (linux-stable-rc)
@ 2019-03-08 21:18     ` Guenter Roeck
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2019-03-08 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Major Hayden; +Cc: CKI, Linux Stable maillist, Greg Kroah-Hartman

On Fri, Mar 08, 2019 at 02:08:39PM -0600, Major Hayden wrote:
> On 3/8/19 1:47 PM, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> > Good to see that there is more testing on stable release candidates.
>
> Awesome!
>
> > Would it be possible to listen / respond to stable release candidate
> > announcements, by any chance ? That would make it more likely for
> > people to notice, especially if there are build / test errors.
>
> Sure, but I think we're doing that now (unless I don't understand what you're asking). We're currently testing two aspects of the stable kernel:

I meant as reponse to the release candidate announcement. I see
your test results on the mailing list, but not as response to
the announcement.

Guenter

* Re: PASS: Test report for kernel 4.20.15-rc1.cki+ (linux-stable-rc)
@ 2019-03-14 12:12       ` Major Hayden
From: Major Hayden @ 2019-03-14 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: CKI, Linux Stable maillist, Greg Kroah-Hartman

On 3/8/19 3:18 PM, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> I meant as reponse to the release candidate announcement. I see
> your test results on the mailing list, but not as response to
> the announcement.
>
> Guenter

That's a good idea. Let me talk with the team to see how we might be able to do this. We start our testing prior to the announcement email and our reporting is fully automated, so this might be a challenge. :)

--
Major Hayden