* trees for secondary powerdown
@ 2013-08-28  6:51 Dave Airlie
From: Dave Airlie @ 2013-08-28  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dri-devel, Takashi Iwai

Hi Takashi,

I've put two branches in my repo,

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=drm-optimus-power-down
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=drm-optimus-power-down-snd-merge

git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux is the tree.

The second tree is just the vga switcheroo and sound patch, I've
changed one line from the
pm, but only for cards
with the runtime pm flag.

Can you see if this merges into your tree okay? if so we can both
merge that branch to
our trees and I'll build on top of it.

Dave.

* Re: trees for secondary powerdown
@ 2013-08-28 16:25 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2013-08-28 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Airlie; +Cc: dri-devel

Hi Dave,

At Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:51:55 +1000,
Dave Airlie wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> I've put two branches in my repo,
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=drm-optimus-power-down
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=drm-optimus-power-down-snd-merge
>
> git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux is the tree.
>
> The second tree is just the vga switcheroo and sound patch, I've
> changed one line from the
> pm, but only for cards
> with the runtime pm flag.
>
> Can you see if this merges into your tree okay? if so we can both
> merge that branch to
> our trees and I'll build on top of it.

Yes, the latest patch looks good to me.  I think you can keep these
branch in your tree (just put to drm-next).  There is only one patch
affecting the sound directory and the rest are graphics, after all.
Since the merge conflict is easy, Linus and Stephen will resolve it
easily, I guess.

Thanks!

Takashi

* Re: trees for secondary powerdown
@ 2013-08-28 16:26   ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2013-08-28 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Airlie; +Cc: dri-devel

At Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:25:47 +0200,
Takashi Iwai wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> At Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:51:55 +1000,
> Dave Airlie wrote:
> >
> > Hi Takashi,
> >
> > I've put two branches in my repo,
> >
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=drm-optimus-power-down
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux/log/?h=drm-optimus-power-down-snd-merge
> >
> > git://people.freedesktop.org/~airlied/linux is the tree.
> >
> > The second tree is just the vga switcheroo and sound patch, I've
> > changed one line from the
> > pm, but only for cards
> > with the runtime pm flag.
> >
> > Can you see if this merges into your tree okay? if so we can both
> > merge that branch to
> > our trees and I'll build on top of it.
>
> Yes, the latest patch looks good to me.  I think you can keep these
> branch in your tree (just put to drm-next).  There is only one patch
> affecting the sound directory and the rest are graphics, after all.
> Since the merge conflict is easy, Linus and Stephen will resolve it
> easily, I guess.

Oh, and in case it's worth, feel free to give my ack to relevant
patches:

   Acked-by: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de>

Takashi