* Problems with Realtek HD Audio
@ 2007-02-07  1:26 Shingo HORISAWA
From: Shingo HORISAWA @ 2007-02-07  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi, alsa developers.

I have two problems about Realtek HD audio.

(1) Capturing stops suddenly

  When I was capturing a sound from microphone for
recording voice
  using "arecord", it had stopped suddenly.
  After that, I couldn't capture a sound at all.
  To repair this situation, I had to restart ALSA or
system.

  It seems that this problem occurs when there are heavily
loads.
  (For example, when I was using ethereal, it occured.)

(2) Sound from embedded speaker

  When I plug a headphone into PC,
  I can hear sounds from both of headephone and embedded
speaker.
  (Normally, sounds should be heard from headphone.)

Are these known problem?
And if you know how to avoid them, please tell me.

FYI, my PC is TOSHIBA dynabook Satellite K10,
and my distro is Fedora Core 6.
The audio device is ATI technologies SB450 HDA Audio.

Best regards.

--------------------------------------
Start Yahoo! Auction now! Check out the cool campaign
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/auction/

* Re: Problems with Realtek HD Audio
@ 2007-02-07 10:51 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2007-02-07 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shingo HORISAWA; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:26:32 +0900 (JST),
Shingo HORISAWA wrote:

> Hi, alsa developers.
>
> I have two problems about Realtek HD audio.
>
> (1) Capturing stops suddenly
>
>   When I was capturing a sound from microphone for
> recording voice
>   using "arecord", it had stopped suddenly.
>   After that, I couldn't capture a sound at all.
>   To repair this situation, I had to restart ALSA or
> system.
>
>   It seems that this problem occurs when there are heavily
> loads.
>   (For example, when I was using ethereal, it occured.)

Did you get any kernel message, for example, something regarding
DMA/IRQ problem?  Does playback still work even after this happens?
How about mixer volume / switch after this?

> (2) Sound from embedded speaker
>
>   When I plug a headphone into PC,
>   I can hear sounds from both of headephone and embedded
> speaker.
>   (Normally, sounds should be heard from headphone.)
>
> Are these known problem?
> And if you know how to avoid them, please tell me.

It's likely non-implemented feature.
The driver needs to turn the HP and the speaker on/off according to
the solicited events.  This was implemented for many devices but works
only on the known devices.

> FYI, my PC is TOSHIBA dynabook Satellite K10,
> and my distro is Fedora Core 6.
> The audio device is ATI technologies SB450 HDA Audio.

The standard kernel has really partial support for recent HD-audio
devices.  Try to build the latest ALSA HG version (daily snapshot
tarballs would be easier) at first:
	ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/alsa/snapshot/driver

Check the codec chip in /proc/asound/card0/codec#* file.  See the
kernel message whether it reports as "unknown codec".  If yes, try to
pass a proper model=xxx option to snd-hda-intel module where xxx is
the one of matching model names to your codec found in
ALSA-Configuration.txt.

HTH,

Takashi

* Re: Problems with Realtek HD Audio
@ 2007-02-08  3:55   ` Shingo HORISAWA
From: Shingo HORISAWA @ 2007-02-08  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi, Takashi.

Thanks for your response.

At first, I tried the latest ALSA HG driver,
but both problems occured again.

In /proc/asound/card0/codec#0,
codec was recognized as follows:

 Codec: Realtek ALC262
 Address: 0
 Vendor Id: 0x10ec0262
 Sybsystem Id: 0x11790500
 Revision Id: x100100
 Default: PCM
   .
   .
   .

So, it was recoginzed correctly, I think.

> Did you get any kernel message, for example,
> something regarding
> DMA/IRQ problem?  Does playback still work even
> after this happens?
> How about mixer volume / switch after this?

Though I couldn't find any messages when this happend,
but I could find the following message on
/var/log/messages
when I started capturing by "arecord" command:

   kernel: hda-intel: Invalid position buffer, using LPIB
read method instead.

As for the playback, there is not a problem.
There aren't any changes to mixer volume / switch don't
after that.

Best Regards.

Shingo.

--------------------------------------

@ 2007-02-08 15:37     ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2007-02-08 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shingo HORISAWA; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:55:54 +0900 (JST),
Shingo HORISAWA wrote:

> Hi, Takashi.
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> At first, I tried the latest ALSA HG driver,
> but both problems occured again.
>
> In /proc/asound/card0/codec#0,
> codec was recognized as follows:
>
>  Codec: Realtek ALC262
>  Address: 0
>  Vendor Id: 0x10ec0262
>  Sybsystem Id: 0x11790500
>  Revision Id: x100100
>  Default: PCM
>    .
>    .
>    .
>
> So, it was recoginzed correctly, I think.

Well, the codec is usually recognized, but it doesn't mean that your
hardware is really supported.  Check out the kernel log and see
whether the driver tells about "unknown model...".  Also try to build
drivers with --with-debug=detect option for making it more verbose.

> > Did you get any kernel message, for example,
> > something regarding
> > DMA/IRQ problem?  Does playback still work even
> > after this happens?
> > How about mixer volume / switch after this?
>
> Though I couldn't find any messages when this happend,
> but I could find the following message on
> /var/log/messages
> when I started capturing by "arecord" command:
>
>    kernel: hda-intel: Invalid position buffer, using LPIB
> read method instead.

Does it appear after arecord or even after aplay?

Usually, when the DMA stalls (or not started, processed, etc), the PCM
core detects timeout and warns in the kernel log, such as "capture
read error (DMA or IRQ trouble?)".

> As for the playback, there is not a problem.
> There aren't any changes to mixer volume / switch don't
> after that.

I recommend you to try various model options for ALC262.  There are
plenty of varients, but not specific for Toshiba, so far.  But it's
still worth to try.

Takashi

* Re: Problems with Realtek HD Audio
@ 2007-02-09  6:25       ` Shingo HORISAWA
From: Shingo HORISAWA @ 2007-02-09  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi, Takashi.

> Well, the codec is usually recognized, but it
> doesn't mean that your
> hardware is really supported.  Check out the kernel
> log and see
> whether the driver tells about "unknown model...".
> Also try to build
> drivers with --with-debug=detect option for making
> it more verbose.

I tried this option, but I couldn't find such messages (or
any messages) in /var/log/messages.

> >    kernel: hda-intel: Invalid position buffer,
> using LPIB
> > read method instead.
>
> Does it appear after arecord or even after aplay?

No, it only appeared at the start of arecord.

> I recommend you to try various model options for
> ALC262.  There are
> plenty of varients, but not specific for Toshiba, so
> far.  But it's
> still worth to try.

I also tried all model options in ALSA-configuration.txt,
but it was the same result.

But, I noticed three facts:

  a) This problem occurs when applications are started.
     But, after restart ALSA, it doesn't occur
     when I start the "same" application again.
     (When I start another application, it occurs...)

  b) When I run "arecord" after some applications are
started,
     this problem doesn't occur.
     (When I started "new" application while I'm running
"arecord", it occurs.)

  c) On CD-boot linux, such as KNOPPIX,
     this problem doesn't occur at all.

I doubted that this is a problem around memory.
So, to make sure that, I have tried to clean a page cache
after this problem occured as follows:

  (1) run "arecord"
  (2) start wireshark(ethereal)  => arecord stopped
  (3) restart ALSA
  (4) run "arecord" again => OK
  (5) start wireshark => arecord is still running
  (6) stop wireshark
  (7) clean a page cache as follows:
         # systcl -w vm.drop_caches=3
        => arecord is still running
  (8) start wireshark again => arecord stopped!

Does this information help to resolve this problem?

Best regards.

===
Shingo

--------------------------------------

@ 2007-02-09 12:14         ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2007-02-09 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shingo HORISAWA; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:25:12 +0900 (JST),
Shingo HORISAWA wrote:

> Hi, Takashi.
>

> > Well, the codec is usually recognized, but it
> > doesn't mean that your
> > hardware is really supported.  Check out the kernel
> > log and see
> > whether the driver tells about "unknown model...".
> > Also try to build
> > drivers with --with-debug=detect option for making
> > it more verbose.
>
> I tried this option, but I couldn't find such messages (or
> any messages) in /var/log/messages.

Hm, but if built properly with --with-debug=detect option, the driver
must tells you a model name when you pass model=XXX option.  Make sure
that the model option is really passed.  You can see the actual value
in /sysfs/modules/snd_hda_intel/parameters/model file.

> > >    kernel: hda-intel: Invalid position buffer,
> > using LPIB
> > > read method instead.
> >
> > Does it appear after arecord or even after aplay?
>
> No, it only appeared at the start of arecord.
>
> > I recommend you to try various model options for
> > ALC262.  There are
> > plenty of varients, but not specific for Toshiba, so
> > far.  But it's
> > still worth to try.
>
> I also tried all model options in ALSA-configuration.txt,
> but it was the same result.
>

> But, I noticed three facts:
>
>   a) This problem occurs when applications are started.
>      But, after restart ALSA, it doesn't occur
>      when I start the "same" application again.
>      (When I start another application, it occurs...)
>
>   b) When I run "arecord" after some applications are
> started,
>      this problem doesn't occur.
>      (When I started "new" application while I'm running
> "arecord", it occurs.)
>
>   c) On CD-boot linux, such as KNOPPIX,
>      this problem doesn't occur at all.
>

> I doubted that this is a problem around memory.
> So, to make sure that, I have tried to clean a page cache
> after this problem occured as follows:
>
>   (1) run "arecord"
>   (2) start wireshark(ethereal)  => arecord stopped
>   (3) restart ALSA
>   (4) run "arecord" again => OK
>   (5) start wireshark => arecord is still running
>   (6) stop wireshark
>   (7) clean a page cache as follows:
>          # systcl -w vm.drop_caches=3
>         => arecord is still running
>   (8) start wireshark again => arecord stopped!

I still have no idea why wireshark interferes the sound stuff.  Maybe
both are on the same IRQ line?  You can try enable_msi=1 option to
snd-hda-intel to split the HD-Audio over MSI, just for testing.

But, anyway, there are too little information from the sound driver
itself.  Usually when something wrong occurs, the driver spits
annoying warnings.  But in your case, it doesn't produce any errors.
Puzzling...

Takashi

* Re: Problems with Realtek HD Audio
@ 2007-02-13  1:44           ` Shingo HORISAWA
From: Shingo HORISAWA @ 2007-02-13  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi, Takashi.

> Hm, but if built properly with --with-debug=detect
> option, the driver
> must tells you a model name when you pass model=XXX
> option.  Make sure
> that the model option is really passed.  You can see
> the actual value
> in /sysfs/modules/snd_hda_intel/parameters/model
> file.

Sorry, I could find such descriptions on /var/log/messages

when ALSA was restarted.

When I didn't specify model, it says:

  kernel: PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:14.2 (0000 -> 0002)
  kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:14.2[A] -> GSI 16
(level, low) -> IRQ 201
  kernel: ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/../../alsa-kernel/pci/hda/hda_intel.c:696:
codec_mask = 0x1
  kernel: hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC262, trying
auto-probe from BIOS...
  kernel: ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2171:
autoconfig: line_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
  kernel: ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2175:
   speaker_outs=1 (0x14/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
  kernel: ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2179:
   hp_outs=1 (0x15/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
  kernel: ALSA
/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2187:
   inputs: mic=0x0, fmic=0x18, line=0x0, fline=0x0,
cd=0x0, aux=0x0

It says that "Unknown model for ALC262, trying auto-probe
from BIOS...".

And I could find the following messages
when model is except "hp-bpc" and "hippo" on console.

   /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:970: failed to obtain
info for control #3 (No such file or directory)

> I still have no idea why wireshark interferes the
> sound stuff.  Maybe
> both are on the same IRQ line?  You can try
> enable_msi=1 option to
> snd-hda-intel to split the HD-Audio over MSI, just
> for testing.

I tried this option for all model, but it was the same
result...
And wireshark is only one of examples.
This problem also occurs on other applications, such as
konqueror, emacs, etc...

> But, anyway, there are too little information from
> the sound driver
> itself.  Usually when something wrong occurs, the
> driver spits
> annoying warnings.  But in your case, it doesn't
> produce any errors.
> Puzzling...

I agree.
When capturing is stopped, there are no available
informations...

--------------------------------------

@ 2007-02-14 14:45             ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2007-02-14 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shingo HORISAWA; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:44:27 +0900 (JST),
Shingo HORISAWA wrote:

> Hi, Takashi.
>
> > Hm, but if built properly with --with-debug=detect
> > option, the driver
> > must tells you a model name when you pass model=XXX
> > option.  Make sure
> > that the model option is really passed.  You can see
> > the actual value
> > in /sysfs/modules/snd_hda_intel/parameters/model
> > file.
>
> Sorry, I could find such descriptions on /var/log/messages
>
> when ALSA was restarted.
>
> When I didn't specify model, it says:
>
>   kernel: PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:14.2 (0000 -> 0002)
>   kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:14.2[A] -> GSI 16
> (level, low) -> IRQ 201
>   kernel: ALSA
> /usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/../../alsa-kernel/pci/hda/hda_intel.c:696:
> codec_mask = 0x1
>   kernel: hda_codec: Unknown model for ALC262, trying
> auto-probe from BIOS...

The question is whether this message _always_ appears regardless what
model option you give.  If yes, the module parameter isn't passed
correctly, i.e. something wrong with your system.

>   kernel: ALSA
> /usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2171:
> autoconfig: line_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
>   kernel: ALSA
> /usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2175:
>    speaker_outs=1 (0x14/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
>   kernel: ALSA
> /usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2179:
>    hp_outs=1 (0x15/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
>   kernel: ALSA
> /usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2187:
>    inputs: mic=0x0, fmic=0x18, line=0x0, fline=0x0,
> cd=0x0, aux=0x0

So, you have only "Front Mic" as the capture source.
Is your mixer setting correct?  Attach the generated file via
"alsactl -f somefile store" together with /proc/asound/card0/codec#0
content.

> And I could find the following messages
> when model is except "hp-bpc" and "hippo" on console.
>
>    /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_control:970: failed to obtain
> info for control #3 (No such file or directory)

It's harmless as long as you call alsactl with -F option.
Otherwise, it's a bug of init or udev script that calls alsactl.

Takashi

* Re: Problems with Realtek HD Audio
@ 2007-02-20  5:38               ` Shingo HORISAWA
From: Shingo HORISAWA @ 2007-02-20  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi, Takashi.

> The question is whether this message _always_
> appears regardless what
> model option you give.  If yes, the module parameter
> isn't passed
> correctly, i.e. something wrong with your system.

If I specify something model, it doesn't say that.
It say so when I don't specify any model.

/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2171:
> > autoconfig: line_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
> >   kernel: ALSA

/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2175:
> >    speaker_outs=1 (0x14/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
> >   kernel: ALSA

/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2179:
> >    hp_outs=1 (0x15/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
> >   kernel: ALSA

/usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2187:
> >    inputs: mic=0x0, fmic=0x18, line=0x0,
> fline=0x0,
> > cd=0x0, aux=0x0
>
> So, you have only "Front Mic" as the capture source.
> Is your mixer setting correct?

I think it doesn't have any problems.

> Attach the generated file via
> "alsactl -f somefile store" together with
> /proc/asound/card0/codec#0
> content.

I attached them.

Best regards.

--------------------------------------
Start Yahoo! Auction now! Check out the cool campaign
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/auction/

[-- Attachment #2: 3481563187-alsa-setting.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 5777 bytes --]

state.SB {
	control.1 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Front Playback Volume'
		value.0 26
		value.1 26
	}
	control.2 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Front Playback Switch'
		value.0 false
		value.1 false
	}
	control.3 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'CD Playback Volume'
		value.0 26
		value.1 26
	}
	control.4 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'CD Playback Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.5 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Line Playback Volume'
		value.0 27
		value.1 27
	}
	control.6 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Line Playback Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.7 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Mic Playback Volume'
		value.0 26
		value.1 26
	}
	control.8 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Mic Playback Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.9 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Front Mic Playback Volume'
		value.0 27
		value.1 27
	}
	control.10 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Front Mic Playback Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.11 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Headphone Playback Volume'
		value.0 27
		value.1 27
	}
	control.12 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Headphone Playback Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.13 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 1
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Mono Playback Volume'
		value 27
	}
	control.14 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'Mono Playback Switch'
		value false
	}
	control.15 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Volume'
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
	}
	control.16 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Switch'
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.17 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Volume'
		index 1
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
	}
	control.18 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Switch'
		index 1
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.19 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type INTEGER
		comment.count 2
		comment.range '0 - 31'
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Volume'
		index 2
		value.0 0
		value.1 0
	}
	control.20 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 2
		iface MIXER
		name 'Capture Switch'
		index 2
		value.0 true
		value.1 true
	}
	control.21 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type ENUMERATED
		comment.count 1
		comment.item.0 Mic
		comment.item.1 'Front Mic'
		comment.item.2 Line
		comment.item.3 CD
		iface MIXER
		name 'Input Source'
		value Mic
	}
	control.22 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type ENUMERATED
		comment.count 1
		comment.item.0 Mic
		comment.item.1 'Front Mic'
		comment.item.2 Line
		comment.item.3 CD
		iface MIXER
		name 'Input Source'
		index 1
		value Mic
	}
	control.23 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type ENUMERATED
		comment.count 1
		comment.item.0 Mic
		comment.item.1 'Front Mic'
		comment.item.2 Line
		comment.item.3 CD
		iface MIXER
		name 'Input Source'
		index 2
		value Mic
	}
	control.24 {
		comment.access read
		comment.type IEC958
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Con Mask'
		value '0fff000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
	}
	control.25 {
		comment.access read
		comment.type IEC958
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Pro Mask'
		value '0f00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
	}
	control.26 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type IEC958
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Default'
		value '0400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000'
	}
	control.27 {
		comment.access 'read write'
		comment.type BOOLEAN
		comment.count 1
		iface MIXER
		name 'IEC958 Playback Switch'
		value false
	}
}

[-- Attachment #3: 1333978935-proc-card0-codec0.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 7967 bytes --]

Codec: Realtek ALC262
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0262
Subsystem Id: 0x11790500
Revision Id: 0x100100
Default PCM:
    rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000
    bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
    formats [0x1]: PCM
Default Amp-In caps: N/A
Default Amp-Out caps: N/A
Node 0x02 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x11: Stereo
  PCM:
    rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000
    bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
    formats [0x1]: PCM
Node 0x03 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x11: Stereo
  PCM:
    rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000
    bits [0xe]: 16 20 24
    formats [0x1]: PCM
Node 0x04 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x05 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x06 [Audio Output] wcaps 0x211: Stereo Digital
  PCM:
    rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000
    bits [0x1e]: 16 20 24 32
    formats [0x1]: PCM
Node 0x07 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x10011b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x08, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  PCM:
    rates [0x160]: 44100 48000 96000
    bits [0x6]: 16 20
    formats [0x1]: PCM
  Connection: 1
     0x24
Node 0x08 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x10011b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x08, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  PCM:
    rates [0x160]: 44100 48000 96000
    bits [0x6]: 16 20
    formats [0x1]: PCM
  Connection: 1
     0x23
Node 0x09 [Audio Input] wcaps 0x10011b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x08, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  PCM:
    rates [0x160]: 44100 48000 96000
    bits [0x6]: 16 20
    formats [0x1]: PCM
  Connection: 1
     0x22
Node 0x0a [Audio Input] wcaps 0x100391: Stereo Digital
  PCM:
    rates [0x560]: 44100 48000 96000 192000
    bits [0x1e]: 16 20 24 32
    formats [0x1]: PCM
  Connection: 1
     0x1f
Node 0x0b [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010b: Stereo Amp-In
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x17, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x1a 0x1a] [0x1b 0x1b] [0x1b 0x1b] [0x00 0x00] [0x1a 0x1a] [0x80 0x80] [0x97 0x97] [0x97 0x97]
  Connection: 8
     0x18 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1c 0x1d 0x14 0x15
Node 0x0c [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x1f, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x1a 0x1a]
  Connection: 2
     0x02 0x0b
Node 0x0d [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x1f, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x1d 0x1d]
  Connection: 2
     0x03 0x0b
Node 0x0e [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010e: Mono Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00] [0x00]
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x1f, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=0
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x1b]
  Connection: 2
     0x02 0x0b
Node 0x0f [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x10 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x11 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x12 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x13 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x14 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x083e: IN OUT HP Detect
  Pin Default 0x90170110: [Fixed] Speaker at Int N/A
    Conn = Analog, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT
  Connection: 2
     0x0c* 0x0d
Node 0x15 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Pincap 0x083e: IN OUT HP Detect
  Pin Default 0x0221101f: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Front
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Black
  Pin-ctls: 0xc0: OUT HP
  Connection: 2
     0x0c 0x0d*
Node 0x16 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40010c: Mono Amp-Out
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80]
  Pincap 0x0810: OUT
  Pin Default 0x40f000f6: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT
  Connection: 1
     0x0e
Node 0x17 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00000: Mono
Node 0x18 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x08173e: IN OUT HP Detect
  Pin Default 0x02a11020: [Jack] Mic at Ext Front
    Conn = 1/8, Color = Black
  Pin-ctls: 0x24: IN
  Connection: 2
     0x0c* 0x0d
Node 0x19 [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x08173e: IN OUT HP Detect
  Pin Default 0x40f000f8: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN
  Connection: 2
     0x0c* 0x0d
Node 0x1a [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x08173e: IN OUT HP Detect
  Pin Default 0x40f000f9: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN
  Connection: 2
     0x0c* 0x0d
Node 0x1b [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x40018f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x03, stepsize=0x27, mute=0
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]
  Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x80 0x80]
  Pincap 0x08173e: IN OUT HP Detect
  Pin Default 0x40f000fa: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x20: IN
  Connection: 2
     0x0c* 0x0d
Node 0x1c [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400001: Stereo
  Pincap 0x0820: IN
  Pin Default 0x40f000fb: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
Node 0x1d [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400000: Mono
  Pincap 0x0820: IN
  Pin Default 0x90f701f0: [Fixed] Other at Int N/A
    Conn = Analog, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
Node 0x1e [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400380: Mono Digital
  Pincap 0x0810: OUT
  Pin Default 0x40f000fd: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
  Connection: 1
     0x06
Node 0x1f [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400280: Mono Digital
  Pincap 0x0820: IN
  Pin Default 0x40f000fe: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
    Conn = Unknown, Color = Unknown
  Pin-ctls: 0x00:
Node 0x20 [Vendor Defined Widget] wcaps 0xf00040: Mono
Node 0x21 [Volume Knob Widget] wcaps 0x600080: Mono
Node 0x22 [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80]
  Amp-Out caps: N/A
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Connection: 9
     0x18 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1c 0x1d 0x14 0x15 0x0b
Node 0x23 [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out
  Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1
  Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80] [0x80 0x80]
  Amp-Out caps: N/A
  Amp-Out vals:  [0x00 0x00]
  Connection: 9
     0x18 0x19 0x1a 0x1b 0x1c 0x1d 0x14 0x15 0x0b
Node 0x24 [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out

@ 2007-02-22 16:22                 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2007-02-22 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shingo HORISAWA; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:38:30 +0900 (JST),
Shingo HORISAWA wrote:

> /usr/local/src/alsa/alsa-driver-hg20070210/pci/hda/hda_codec.c:2187:
> > >    inputs: mic=0x0, fmic=0x18, line=0x0,
> > fline=0x0,
> > > cd=0x0, aux=0x0
> >
> > So, you have only "Front Mic" as the capture source.
> > Is your mixer setting correct?
>
> I think it doesn't have any problems.
> 	control.15 {
> 		comment.access 'read write'
> 		comment.type INTEGER
> 		comment.count 2
> 		comment.range '0 - 31'
> 		iface MIXER
> 		name 'Capture Volume'
> 		value.0 0
> 		value.1 0
> 	}

Raise this volume.

> 	control.16 {
> 		comment.access 'read write'
> 		comment.type BOOLEAN
> 		comment.count 2
> 		iface MIXER
> 		name 'Capture Switch'
> 		value.0 true
> 		value.1 true
> 	}
(snip)
> 	control.21 {
> 		comment.access 'read write'
> 		comment.type ENUMERATED
> 		comment.count 1
> 		comment.item.0 Mic
> 		comment.item.1 'Front Mic'
> 		comment.item.2 Line
> 		comment.item.3 CD
> 		iface MIXER
> 		name 'Input Source'
> 		value Mic
> 	}

And choose 'Front Mic' as the capture source.

Takashi

* Re: Problems with Realtek HD Audio
@ 2007-02-26  2:38                   ` Shingo HORISAWA
From: Shingo HORISAWA @ 2007-02-26  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)