cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
* [cip-dev] Testing results for 4.19-cip-rt
@ 2019-10-02  8:22 Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2019-10-02  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi!

I pushed -cip-rt version to kernel.org, which got me automatic test on
gitlab:

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/jobs/309275693

...compile okay, but run_tests failed; unfortunately I don't quite
understand what went wrong with the test. Can someone help?

Thanks,
									Pavel
* [cip-dev] Testing results for 4.19-cip-rt
@ 2019-10-02  8:29 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2019-10-02  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

On 02.10.19 10:22, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I pushed -cip-rt version to kernel.org, which got me automatic test on
> gitlab:
>
> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/jobs/309275693
>
> ...compile okay, but run_tests failed; unfortunately I don't quite
> understand what went wrong with the test. Can someone help?

Job #4665: Finished
   Device Type: r8a774a1-hihope-rzg2m-ex
   Device: r8a774a1-hihope-rzg2m-ex-01
   Test: healthcheck

Chris can probably explain.

I see only the Renesas lab used here, right? Are we missing something for the
IPC227E and de0-nano-soc to be used as well?

Jan

* [cip-dev] Testing results for 4.19-cip-rt
@ 2019-10-02  8:31 ` Chris Paterson
From: Chris Paterson @ 2019-10-02  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
> I pushed -cip-rt version to kernel.org, which got me automatic test on
> gitlab:
>
> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/jobs/309275693
>
> ...compile okay, but run_tests failed; unfortunately I don't quite
> understand what went wrong with the test. Can someone help?

It looks like test join #4665[0] failed due to internet connectivity issues in the lab.

I've re-run the job and it passes[1], so you should be okay.
I've also re-run the GitLab CI test job[2], so GitLab will show the pipeline as a success[3].

[0] https://lava.ciplatform.org/scheduler/job/4665
[1] https://lava.ciplatform.org/scheduler/job/4716
[2] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/jobs/309590344
[3] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/pipelines/85866813

Kind regards, Chris

@ 2019-10-02  8:34   ` Chris Paterson
From: Chris Paterson @ 2019-10-02  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
> > I pushed -cip-rt version to kernel.org, which got me automatic test on
> > gitlab:
> >
> > https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/jobs/309275693
> >
> > ...compile okay, but run_tests failed; unfortunately I don't quite
> > understand what went wrong with the test. Can someone help?
> >

> Job #4665: Finished
>    Device Type: r8a774a1-hihope-rzg2m-ex
>    Device: r8a774a1-hihope-rzg2m-ex-01
>    Test: healthcheck
>
> Chris can probably explain.
>
> I see only the Renesas lab used here, right? Are we missing something for the
> IPC227E and de0-nano-soc to be used as well?

Correct. I was waiting on Kernel configurations in order to start testing the boards in the Mentor lab.
These have now been submitted[0] to the cip-kernel-config repository, so hopefully we'll get tests up and running soon.

[0] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/cip-kernel-config/merge_requests/11

Kind regards, Chris

@ 2019-10-02  8:35     ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2019-10-02  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

On 02.10.19 10:34, Chris Paterson wrote:
> Hello Jan,

Ah, cool!

Thanks,
Jan

* [cip-dev] Testing results for 4.19-cip-rt
@ 2019-10-02  9:05   ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2019-10-02  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
> > I pushed -cip-rt version to kernel.org, which got me automatic test on
> > gitlab:
> >
> > https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/jobs/309275693
> >
> > ...compile okay, but run_tests failed; unfortunately I don't quite
> > understand what went wrong with the test. Can someone help?
>
> It looks like test join #4665[0] failed due to internet connectivity issues in the lab.
>
> I've re-run the job and it passes[1], so you should be okay.
> I've also re-run the GitLab CI test job[2], so GitLab will show the pipeline as a success[3].

Thanks!

This time tests succeeded, but build is indicating problems, in case
you wanted to investigate:

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/-/jobs/297715703

Anyway, it seems code is okay, so I'll proceed and create -cip-rt
release.

Best regards,
								Pavel