cip-dev.lists.cip-project.org archive mirror
* [cip-dev] [cip-core:deby] failed switching to "builder": operation not permitted
@ 2019-12-19 11:48 kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2019-12-19 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello,

In the latest CI for cip-core/deby/cip-core-buster,
I got the following error (and warnings), probably related to kas/docker-entrypoint.

$ /kas/docker-entrypoint
useradd: user 'builder' already exists
error: failed switching to "builder": operation not permitted

Example of the failure (the latest):
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/deby/-/jobs/384499394

Example of the success (1 month ago):
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/deby/-/jobs/333094418

Do anyone know related changes which happen recently?

Best regards,
Kazu

* [cip-dev] [cip-core:deby] failed switching to "builder": operation not permitted
@ 2019-12-19 12:39 ` Chris Paterson
From: Chris Paterson @ 2019-12-19 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello,

It doesn't look like there are any recent changes in the .gitlab-ci.yml file.

However the GitLab runner we use was upgraded to a newer version since your last build.
@Adler, Michael, @Gylstorff Quirin, any ideas?

Kind regards, Chris

@ 2019-12-19 13:01   ` Adler, Michael
From: Adler, Michael @ 2019-12-19 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hi,

> However the GitLab runner we use was upgraded to a newer version since your last build.

yep, that's the reason. The new runners respect the container's entrypoint (i.e. the entrypoint script is begin executed on a CI run). In other words, there shouldn't be any reason to execute /kas/docker-entrypoint from within gitlab-ci.yml.

Kind regards,
  Michael

--
Michael Adler
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA IOT SES-DE, Otto-Hahn-Ring 6, 81739 Munich, Germany

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme
Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Siegfried Russwurm, Ralf P. Thomas
Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany
Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684
WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

* [cip-dev] [cip-core:deby] failed switching to "builder": operation not permitted
@ 2019-12-20 12:04 ` Chris Paterson
From: Chris Paterson @ 2019-12-20 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Hayashi-san,

I've submitted a MR that fixes this issue:
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/deby/merge_requests/3

Note that there is still a build failure as it seems that one of the packages the build tries to download is no longer available:
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/base-files/base-files_10.3+deb10u1.dsc

Kind regards, Chris

@ 2019-12-22 23:47   ` kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp
From: kazuhiro3.hayashi at toshiba.co.jp @ 2019-12-22 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

Hello Chris,

> Hello Hayashi-san,

Thank you very much!
I've merged the MR and confirmed that kas build started successfully :)

> Note that there is still a build failure as it seems that one of the packages the build tries to download is no longer
> available:
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/base-files/base-files_10.3+deb10u1.dsc

I've fixed this by updating the metadata of poky+meta-debian to the latest revisions.
https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/deby/pipelines/104918124
Thank you for informing this.

Best regards,
Kazu